Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 134 ~ Life's Obstacles

Picture borrowed from
e-nterest.com
I would have to say that today was definitely a far cry from what yesterday bestowed upon me, let alone this entire week for that matter- maybe this entire year!  

It's so funny... maybe even ironic... but right now Dean and I are trying to teach, and instill in Calley, to work through frustrations... you know... coping when you can not have something instantly or when something just doesn't happen like you want it to.  I think that even patience may have a little hand in this as well...  Well let's just say that I may have had some of those coping skills instilled in me this week!

I swear that there were a couple of times I just wanted to scream and then let out some tears... but NOooooOO... I had to lead by example and deal with all of it as Calley witnessed on.

♪♫•♪♫•♪♫•  ***LIFE UPDATES***   ♪♫•♪♫•♪♫•


  • I have now been without my car for TWENTY-SEVEN WEEKS!!   Yes you heard me right, twenty-seven weeks!.. Six months plus!!  Although... I do have some GREAT NEWS!!! Guess what I opened in the mail a few days back... A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT against Toyota; for owners of Rav4 years '01-'03... with the Electronic Control Module (ECM) and automatic transmissions problems... 
GUESS WHAT!?!  ...  
Picture borrowed from Craig's list
ad in St. Louis
I have a Toyota Rav4, who has had nothing but transmission problems (since I have owned it September of 2010 - in thirteen months I have driven it a total of maybe four combined,- and that's being generous!!) including "harsh shifting," and we replaced the ECM!  YES!!  THANK YOU JESUS!!! Mailing my claim to the attorneys tomorrow.  Let's see what happens next...

  • Safety switch on our water heater went out three days ago (no hot water since,) which is definitely better that the water heater itself needing to be replaced!  $70 vs. $600!  THANK YOU JESUS!!!
  • I Had to replace my dsl modem, among other issues... I still need to add a telephone jack and move the actual connection into our home office here and get our home network back up and running.
  • Last (I'm sure it won't be the last time), and not least... our tv... it went out too! Aiy ya yai! ... won't be fixed until Monday.  (big sad face)  I Miss my DVR!


I am thankful for all the good and bad in my life... and I am especially thankful for all the good that has come out of the crazy-ness this week!!

As we grow up, we learn that the people that weren't supposed to ever let us down, probably will.  You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts.  You'll blame a new love for things an old love did.  You'll fight with your best friend, you'll cry because time is flying by, and eventually you'll lose someone you love.  So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt.  Because every second you spend angry or upset, is a second of happiness you can never get back!    ~ Unknown Author


 Blessings to all!!


231 days to go...





All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: