Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 552 ~ #IASenough

Fourteen days until Christmas!  Oh my!!
I think I am going to do something different on my blog for December all together.
  1. Last year I did the 12 days of Christmas, which I will do again starting the 14th- which I am sure doesn't make any sense starting on the 14th that is, but if you count the 14th, then the 25th is the twelth day.
  2. This year I was invited by Doug Bender to write four posts about his book Live Second: 365 Ways to Make Jesus First  from December 9th through the 12th . .
  3. Soooo. . .  I have decided that throught the 8th I would share the top Seven things I love about December . . . 
  4. And for the last six days of the year, a look back at 2012. 

My instructions are to:  1.) You select 4 readings within Session 2 (pg 37-66) of the book to write about  and 2.) During Launch Week, December 9-15, you write four (4) blog entries telling the story of your spiritual journey as you read and interact with the Live Second book and the four readings you choose.
My third (of four) post is from (quoted from the bookweek 8, Day 7: Enough

Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.  Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, “Who is the Lord?”  Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.
—Proverbs 30:7–9
Sometimes we approach God as if he doesn’t care about our personal lives. We  ask him for world peace or the universal spread of his fame but forget to ask him  for next week’s groceries. We ask him for the right president but not for the electric bill. The danger with this is we start to think that we paid the bills and that we earned the groceries. Our wealth makes us forget our God. Make it a habit instead to ask him for your needs and to praise him when he provides.
Talk with God 
Ask.
“I ask of you . . .”
God, I need . . .
This day and what it had to say struck a cord in me . . . it called for my attention.  For we are always so quick to pray for that particular person to notice us, for a dress,  a car or any other multitude of objects before giving thanks for what we DO have.
Dear Heavenly Father . . . 
I ask of you to continue to bring into our lives what you feel we need.  
God, I need for you to continue to bless our lives and watch over us.  Please keep my family and loved ones out of harms way... protect us.  Please continue to bless us with our home, good running cars, and food on our table.  Please continue to bless Dean with work and give me favor and bless everything I do with The Blessed Spoon.  Heavenly Father,  I need you to continue to watch over my sons, protect them and keep them out of harms way.  Continue to bless them with all that they do,  Please also watch over my brother, keeping him out of harm's way.  Finally . . . all my loved ones, those who are near to my heart,protect them and keep them our of harm's way, bless them with food on their table and favor in all they do.  
I praise you for all that you do for me and my family . . . I thank you. 
I surrender to you, my Lord and do everything in your name.
Amen. 
As my faith in God, Jesus my Lord and Savior grows . . . and . . . the more I study His word . . . the more I see His work in my life . . .the more I do in His name . . . the more joy comes into my life.  It's like all I have to do is make the effort and VIOLA!!  

I can not be more grateful and humbled by my work with The Blessed Spoon.  Getting enough donations to give to ten families last month was the best feeling in the world. . .    makes the fact that I have not been paid for my administrative duties not matter what-so-ever.  That euphoric feeling is payment enough.  I don't know what it is, but I just know that this all would not be possible without God.

Tweet using #IASenough to share your prayers.
Available in stores week of December 9th, 2012




[here's to you finding your... ]


Peace...



I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: