Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 28 ~ I Have a "Dream Team"!! & You're on It!

I am feeling very blessed these days!  Imagine being on a mountaintop surrounded by beautiful flowers, a cool fragrant breeze in your face, if you're a girl you would have a "twirly" dress on and of course you would be running and twirling... I'm almost there!  Now, I do have some rough moments, but all in all I know that I am moving in the right direction.

1992 "Dream Team"
Courtesy of Bing images
I feel so supported... I feel as if I have my own "dream team" behind me.  No matter who I speak to lately, family, friends and even a couple of my blog readers, their messages all have had something positive for me to not only help me with my blog, but more importantly to help me with my healing process.

I was speaking to one of my tias ("aunts" in Spanish) the other day... although I do not get to speak to her often (because life happens,) she has always been there for me.  She does not mince words and always gets to the point... I so love that about her!  Her wonderful message... "put all my love into everything I do!"  It does translate a little different in Spanish, however the message is the same.  She had just the right words to say to me without even knowing.  It was as if she knew what I needed to hear.  Just as she said that to me, I felt so much pride for myself for writing my blog (last time I felt like that I was in school and I was doing my pottery.) 

My sister-in-law, (gosh that sounds so formal because truth be told she is more of a sister to me than anything else) is also on my dream team!  She is awesome, shhhh don't tell her because her head may explode! just kidding   No, but seriously, timing could not be better- she was the one that had told me that our differences were behind us, as if  we "put them in a balloon and let it go!"  Oh my G.. I just love that analogy (see Day 7)!  Als, I have now adopted it! and giving you props for it too!  As I continue writing my blog, you will find that I will be putting a lot into balloons and letting them go!

As I think of who else is on my "dream team" ... well let's just say that this post would turn into a mini "e-book"!!  Needless to say, I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends supporting me!  

There's Elisabeth (who I met at a low point in my life, while going to schooI in '03-'05, I tutored for her at West Los Angeles College, turned mentor, part-time therapist (lol- jk), turned best bud), Diane (who basically witnessed not only my divorce, but my boys taken away from me), Lena (old high school bud reunited thanks to Facebook, who probably does not have a clue as to how good of a friend she still is to me), Gloria (my cousin who has given me courage and strength on more that one occasion ~ gracias primita), Juli (my cousin who after moving to El Paso, wrote me a letter telling me what a beautiful person I was, to remember my strength, the people who love me and that my children were lucky to have such an amazing mother... I carry that letter with me to this day! ...I could not have received your letter at a better time ~ gracias primita)...

"You like me, you really like me!"
Courtesy of Bing images
I almost feel as if I am giving my acceptance speech for an award because I do not want to leave anyone out!  And if I did leave you out... I still have 337 days to give you proper props! So keep reading because you never know when YOU will be thanked.  By the way, if you do not want to be mentioned by  name in my blog please email me and let me know.

When I first woke this morning, I did just as I have been doing since I started writing my blog 28 days ago... I wake up, and with the crust not even out of my eyes, I grab my glasses and my laptop, and then I check my messages, then Facebook and then my blog stats.  But this morning when on Facebook, I received the following message... 
This month, I celebrate my own independence.  I choose to be free of all negativity, anger, fear, insecurities, jealousies~ and any thought that makes me feel "less than."  I no longer choose to live in the prison of my mind.  I choose thoughts of love, prosperity, and unlimited creativity and opportunities.  ~ Louise L. Hay
Needless to say, that was my status post for most of my day.  Then the more I read it, the more it was appropriate to what I was going through.  Therefore, this month I celebrate my own independence!

“As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.”  Psalm 18:30

Blessings to all!


337 days / 48 weeks to go.



All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

12 comments:

Mathew Evan said...

Great post....
Thanks for sharing this information..Keep on sharing more and more ..


San diego math tutoring

Unknown said...

Thank you Mathew!!

Karen Dawkins said...

When you step out in faith and love, God always meets you and grows your team!!!!

YAY for you.
Karen

Audra Michelle said...

How inspiring! I love watching people walk toward healing and wholeness in their lives. Way to go! Change and growth can be hard - keep going!

Andrea Boring said...

Perfect for today, my dear :) You've got me thinking about my own dream team...I feel the inspiration for another blog post coming on, thanks to you Carla. Thank you for your kind words this morning. I am no angel, just a soft hearted, extremely empathetic woman who wishes she could take away the pain of the whole world. That's a little ambitious, so I will stick to helping my friends and readers :) xoxo

Erin said...

Carla,
It's so wonderful to have supportive and encouraging women around who lift us up when we are weary and who celebrate our triumphs with us!!! Your dream team sounds amazing!
Blessings,
~Erin

Unknown said...

Quite inspiring! I have days when I just have to voice all that I"m grateful for and the people who make it all happen! It's amazing when we shout out our gratitude to our friends and family who are on our "dream team" can do to lift our spirits and remind us just how blessed we truly are!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Love this post and it gave me goosebumps that it was only your 28th post and now you written what 300 more? Not that I've been with you from the beginning but I've read some here and there and I am so proud of you!

CrazyNutsMom said...

Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It's a gift to not only that that kind of support, but to know where to look for it, and recognize it when it appears. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Carla, this post is so wonderful, its awesome to have people you can go to in your time of need!! I just love your posts.

Ashleigh said...

I love this! I was not lucky to get the family that I wanted and needed, so my whole life I fave been gathering people to create my own family. Dream team is the work I've been searching for, it's perfect!

Thanks for sharing this, it made my day!