Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 44 ~ Are We There Yet?

Last night it was the diet had me at a loss for words... today the road trip!!  Actually, I was so excited ... but then everything I would put off to the side to take with us somehow found itself in Calley's hands and then somewhere else!!  I could not keep track of anything... If we didn't forget something, it was because of a miracle!

Talk about frustration!!  Don't know how many times I told Calley that we were putting everything in one place for the road trip... but to no avail.. there we went again!  I had to remind myself how it was as a child...and we were once again having fun!!

Courtesy of Bing images
Calley certainly is more challenging than my boys, more times than not... but bottom line she's a barrel of fun!! 

Prior to leaving the house, she was literally doing laps in the living room!  I was getting tired just watching... but then all I could think of was the fact that she was going to pass out before we hit Las Cruces, New Mexico (which is only forty minutes out from our house.)  I think the last thing she heard was, "the sooner you fall asleep, the closer we will be to LA...) and with that she was out!

I remember when the boys and I would do the drive from Seattle to Los Angeles... we always drove at night... the only way to go... with kids or without!  No traffic, it's a lot cooler, and when the kids finally wake up we have just a little bit to go.

Courtesy of Bing images
The boys and I would play games, I'd have an atlas for them to follow along... and then there was "SLUG BUG!" out of the blue!  All I can say is that my arm ended up being really sore.  There was also the alphabet game... that game was great... it could last for hours sometimes. For those of you unfamiliar to the game, it's where you have to find things on the road according to the letter that was next, starting with "a" and so on.  

But with the boys, even with two of them, they seemed so calm by comparison.  I don't even remember them fighting.  They rarely fought.  Addison always took care of Logan... he was always a good brother, as was Logan.  I was blessed... definitely.

Oh how time goes by...  and here in a week a thirty year reunion for me!   Time definitely flies.

Life is a joy filled with delightful surprises
My life is a joy filled with love, fun and friendship all I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open. 
I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.


Blessings to all!



321 days to go.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent. 

No comments: