Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 24 ~ "Writing" ... It's Good for the Soul

HEY!!  Who turned on the lights???!!!  WHAT it's been 24 days and I'm still going strong??!!  At the risk of sounding repetitive... I just can't find the words to tell you how great this has been making me feel.  Now... don't get me wrong, I still have a ways to go, but at least I feel as if I am on the right track.


As far as I am concerned blogging has been a great way to release myself.. to put myself in check... and to get rid of some ugliness that has been brewing within me for years!  


courtesy of Bing images

Who is to say if whether I would have continued to write after Kevin had his day with me (see Day 2) if I would be feeling like this right now or not, although one thing IS for sure ~ I would have been doing it and putting my life on the line with him around!


As I look back... I think I really started writing around the 7th grade... I don't know if it was intended as a fad or not... OR ... if it was something that a young girl gets into at that age... but having a diary was what you did and what I did.  I can remember most of my friends having them.  You could find them in all sorts of sizes, colors and with a lock too! Then the trick was to have a GREAT hiding place so your sister could not get into it.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.          Proverbs 3:3
What  I do know right now is that this is saving me ... from who?  you ask...  From me!  I think I have been self-destructing this entire time ... NOT ANYMORE!


Blessing to all!!


341 days to go.




All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: