Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 25 ~ Reading the Fine Print in The Stages of Life

One minute I am standing in my kitchen talking to my friend enjoying the end of a quick summer downpour... she mentions it's kind of warm out... I agree... and next thing before I knew it... as if someone literally opened a faucet... the sweat was just pouring off of me!  Absolutely CRAZY! 

I have achieved yet another milestone in my life... a true, legitimate hot flash!  Out of nowhere!

Okay... no one prepared me for this!  This is absolutely N U T S!...  I did not sign up for this!  

courtesy of Bing images
First, as girls, we have to experience a most uncomfortable and inconvenient menstruation- and what's worse is that this beast has a mind of its own.  At first just when you start getting the hang of it and you think you know when it's coming to town, and low and behold... it pulls the rug right out from under you and then has the audacity of showing up whenever it wants too!  Dances, weddings, special vacations... you name it!  No occasion is too fancy or special for our dear friend!

Then... what for moments is the most painful experience a person can undergo, yet we fondly look back on it as one of, if not the most wonderful experience we  have the privilege of living... giving birth to our children.  And, of course this is only the beginning of what we will live through for our children!

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.   John 16:21

Finally, if we have not gone through enough... it has been bestowed upon us women, to denounce not only to us. but EVERYONE that lives with us, that our flowers will no longer bloom (ovulation no more,)  in such a way that it affects EVERYONE you come in contact with (and I mean everyone!  Animals aren't even safe!)... menopause! Only after having gone through its evil partner, perimenopause!!   really?!

Frankly, as I try to be fair about this...  Do we as women have it bad?  ...  Or ...   Or is it the men, who have to deal with the Dr. Jekyll/Miss Hyde persona in these three stages of our lives?

At this point that's as tolerable as I am going to get... from my perspective, I really do not give a damn!  I am hot!! If you don't like it ... well, then may I suggest putting a sweater on? ...  And, don't you dare touch the thermostat!!


One is not born a woman, one becomes one.    ~Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex, 1949

Blessings to all!!


340 days to go.




All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

2 comments:

ThaiHoa Burroughs said...

LOL! Hilarious. Not there yet, but know plenty of women in my life who are so I am familiar with the hot flashes.

Ang said...

I think we as women experience a lot of these things so we can be understanding of others, and especially our children. They know they can come to us when they need comfort because they know we'll sympathize and our hearts will go out to them, because we are not strangers to pain or discomfort!