Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 124 ~ You Only Live Once...


Sometimes I just can't wrap my head around a persons's actions, let alone their non-actions.

I found myself scratching my head more and more as my day went on today... why is it that some people do not find it important to trade dialogue... this is what some people call having a conversation or possibly a discussion about recent events... good or bad.  

All I ask... which I really don't think that I am being unreasonable... is that if something bothers you, then let's talk!  We may have mixed our signals ...

Listen, I know that most people are uncomfortable approaching a family member, a friend or even a coworker, over a misunderstanding, let alone if they have been wronged against.  It's a tough position to be put in ~ been there done that... however, if one thinks about it and takes a gentle approach at the situation, before it festers, I think we can learn to understand one another...  and more importantly there would not be any time loss.   

I mean, I have the perfect example, my sister and I, and please realize that the dynamics of our relationship were a little more complicated than not... we lost 25 plus years;  my sons and I have been estranged two years, however, since July there has been some communication on and off... currently it seems as if we are off.  (sad face)

The saddest part of both of my sons' estrangement with me is the part that is affecting their relationship with Calley ~ their little sister.  

Calley is such a darling little girl.  A little girl who talks about her brothers everyday with such adoration, including them in her prayers as well.  Calley is having her fifth birthday in three days and the last time she saw her brothers was just shortly after turning two.

For these reasons... I do my best at apologizing when I am in the wrong, and then practicing the art of tolerance and forgiving those other times.  Not only that, but... You Only Live Once!


There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.     ~  Bryant H. McGill

Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.  ~  Tom Robbins

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.    ~  G.K. Chesterton

Blessings to all!!


241 days to go...



All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

1 comment:

laruzzia said...

I know we lost more than years, but, I, feel and think, in my opinion, it has brought us closer. To me, YOU are what helps me get through my day! (never thought I would say that), And tomorrow, I hope to be the one to help You get through your day. I love you Carla and I've missed you every day of those years, but most of all, I thank God we're in eachother's life and I thank God for you!!!
Love your sister ALWAYS, Claudia