Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 118 ~ Leave Your Mark, Not A Sale!

Today has been a great day all around!  I know someone was smiling down on me today.

This morning I woke up snuggling with Calley... and since Dean had already told her last night that it was Grandma Sally's birthday today, I witnessed a lovely serenade of Happy Birthday from her as well.  It was beautiful and very heart felt.  So cute! and sung pretty well if I don't say so myself!

As our day continued, it was a good productive day... I finished about nearly half the pricing on items for an estate/garage sale I am holding this weekend.  Tomorrow the goal is to finish the rest and be done with it until the sale itself.  

So sad to see a person's life be reduced to a sale... I tell you... I give you my word... I am not buying anymore stuff for the house, especially my kitchen, unless really necessary... and if it is necessary to do so... I am buying quality so that eventually Calley will use it.  For example, Calley will eventually get my Calphalon pans and KitchenAid Stand Mixer... just to mention a couple of things.

I guess I have committed myself now!  LOL!  No, really they will be Calley's one day.  And YES!!  She already loves to cook  :)


I'd like to end my post tonight on an angelic note ;)  Happy Birthday to a special angel looking down on us all, from above... Happy Birthday Sally.  

I would like to say is that Sally was a very awesome person!! (I know that may not be proper grammar... however it applies to Sally!) She's Dean's mother (1942~ 2005)... and she was a beautiful person who was very smart when it came to the English language (it came very easy to her, she loved it), a sense of humor that kept you laughing, not to mention a worldly knowledge that left everyone, especially me, awestrickened.  She was an awesome friend, and an even better parent.  A terrific mother-in-law and great garage sale-er (I often pick something up that I acquired with her garage sale-ing and smile!!.)  A true lady.  Very missed.

If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.   ~  Thomas L. Odem Jr.

Blessings to all!!


247 days to go...



All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

1 comment:

laruzzia said...

Car,
You're my sisiter, so maybe I'm abit BIOS. All those years we've spent apart, has been returned (for the better), and BLESSED, YES BLESSED by our God.
I love YOU!!! Yeah, Dino also, but Cali is my Divine angel. All of you fill up a (once) empty heart and lifestyle. But, my dreams have come true.
I love you with all my heart and evrything you write HAS a meaning.
Bless you and your family,
Claudi