Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 121 ~ Feelings or Choices?

SO much talking about forgiveness that I am exhausted!! 


Just kidding... this is half true.  I am just exhausted.... so much so that my eyes are closing as I am writing this.


Truth be told, I have been preparing for Nana's estate garage sale for two weeks now and tomorrow is finally the big day... and needless to say I have reached my limit.


Therefore tonight's post is going to be a short one.  But first I will give you something to think about.

Last night's post was about forgiveness and how it is a choice.  Well, all day I have pondered about this.  And it's true!  I say this because today I saw someone that hurt me very bad, so bad that I went as far as telling this person to never text or call me again.


So needless to say all the hurt feelings came resurfaced the moment I saw this person, and then I thought about what I wrote last night... well let's just say that right now I find it very difficult to choose to forgive this person.  Keep in mind that since all this occurred I have realized that this person is not my cup of tea anyway... or am I just saying this?  (Big Sigh!) 


I do want to be honest with myself, and you... am I feeling resentment?


So... do I still need to forgive?  I should, for myself, and I know this.  But the feeling of hurt is getting in the way of choosing to forgive. 

When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.    ~  Catherine Ponder

      
Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.   ~ Oscar Wilde
 
Blessings to all!!


244 days to go...



All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: