Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 139 ~ The Power of Prayer!

The last two days have seemed to drag on with the anticipation of Shelly's surgery.  Having this weigh heavy on my heart made it easy for me to fast for Shelly.  That was the least I could do in her honor.  It was tough to do, especially when my stomach started to ache.. which then  I had to eat a little... however all in all, with prayer at my side, the thought crossed my mind that I wish I could have done more.

As my day was in full swing, I received a text at about 2:30 this afternoon. Which at first I found myself reading three times before I realized what I was reading! 


I could not believe it.  I had received word from Shelly's husband himself... "Shelly was out of surgery and all went well..."  He even shared that he was going to be able to see her within the hour.

PRAISE GOD!!!

By the time I was finished reading his text for the ump-teenth time, I was sobbing.  Tears of JoY!  

I can not begin to tell you how happy I am for Shelly and her family.  I pray for a smooth and quick recovery.  She will be away from home for about two weeks.

I realized last night that I really had not told you too much about Shelly.  Her sister, Marlene's little girl and Calley were in the same class at the  little Christian school I used to teach at.  Marlene and Shelly both have had their children enrolled at the same school for years.  These ladies are the definition of what sisters should be!  They are good people, with good hearts... raising good people...  

Shelly is a terrific person, with a great personality. (Marlene too.)  She has a beautiful family.  Two beautiful daughters, one in 7th grade and the other in 4th, who are both their mother's daughters.  Shelly is an amazing mother, who without a second thought drives hours upon hours for a volleyball tournament [in one weekend.]  A wonderful role model.  Devoted not only to her family, but to her God as well.  A woman of faith and devotion.  Putting her God first.

I am very happy to pray for this family and to call them my friends.

So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer.  ~ Ezra 8:23

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.    ~ Matthew 7:7-8

 Blessings to all!!


226 days to go...

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: