Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 119 ~ Loving All 'MY' Children!

Addison & I ~ Aug '87
While doing my daily perusing on Facebook, once again inspiration came to me with one of my friend's writings.  It has turned the light on a new perspective of my life... a new understanding if you will...
Mom-  Will go to the end of the world.  Guides.  Sacrifices because she loves.  Prayerful.  Snuggles just because.  Protects.  Makes her babies feel special.  Encourages,  Loves unconditionally.  Listens.  If you had this mom, consider yourself blessed.  If you didn't have this mom, be that mom to your children.

I have been thinking about this off and on today.  What hit home with me the most was...
  ...If you didn't have this mom, be that mom to your children.

Logan & I ~ Feb '92
This is all I have ever wanted for my children.  

I have done it with my boys until the rug was pulled right from under me.  I will continue to keep them in my prayers and in my thoughts until they let me back in... and I will do so and never give up on them.

Meanwhile back at the ranch... (and no I do not have a ranch for those of you not familiar with American idioms...lol)... I do have have this little beautiful little girl.  Full of love and life.  Curious and courageous.  A girly-girl one moment and then the next picking up a beetle.  So caring and nurturing.  Whom recently discovered telling jokes!
Calley (running to my side laughing hysterically):  Mommy, Mommy... I have a joke... it is so funny!  What do you call a bear with no shoes? 
Me:  What honey?  What do they call a bear without shoes? 
Calley (yells it out really loud):  BEAR FOOT!! ... get it mommy?  bear foot!!  It's so hysterical mommy!!!
I could not believe how hard she was laughing...  it was so funny watching her react to it all ... next thing I knew I was laughing so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes and my side started hurting!!  Never mind that she sounded so grown up and gestured same.

What did we do next? ... we snuggled for no particular reason!!
Calley & I ~ Sept '07
Calley:  Mommy? 
Me:  yes?   
Calley:  I love you so much!
The most beautiful words a mother would ever want to hear!!  It almost makes you forget that she had just gotten into her vitamins, eating them as if they were candies!  Before you ask... her vitamins are kept in the pantry, which has a lock on it (up high)... my lovely daughter gets a chair and opens it herself!


A mother's love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever.    ~  Unknown
Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.    ~ Elizabeth Stone 
Son, you outgrew my lap, but never my heart.  ~Author Unknown 
  

Blessings to all!!


246 days to go...



All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

1 comment:

laruzzia said...

Car,
Before you know, they WILL come back to you. A mother can do and be anything, but a mother's instinct , very few have. And you do.
I love you, sis and I'm soo (out of words,lol) overjoyed to be in eachothers live again!!!
Claudi