Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 132 ~ Striving To Be The Best


Watching (on tv) four people making life changing decisions for more or less forty people is what I am talking about.  However, let me make something perfectly clear... It has nothing to do with power on my end... it is about changing people's lives for the better!   


At the risk of coming across as being redundant, if I have said it once... this will certainly not be the last time I say it... I would love to be there for someone... for someone who feels alone and has been or is going through life drowning experiences as I have.


I understand that sometimes at a down time you want to be alone, you look away from happy people almost as if feeling you weren't worthy of even witnessing happiness in someone's else life.


I know all this because I too have once felt this way.  Even ignoring a friend's phone call because I didn't even want to hear happiness or be cheered up for that matter... after all.. what do they know about what I am going through?  Did they experience loosing a child, let alone two?  


Believe me... as an after thought, I am so grateful for my friends that have stuck it out with me... But better yet...


I am more grateful for the same friends that have been seeing me through my redesigning, revamping, or remodeling if you will... better yet... the rebirth that I am experiencing now.


After having had a trying day with Calley yesterday... today, I vowed from the moment I went to sleep last night, that it would be a better day.


I once again was lit up by Julia Child... my first experience being one of the reasons that  motivated to start my blog... as in the movie "Julie and Julia," as I briefly mentioned in my Day 1 post.


Yes... I was inspired to write my blog as Julie did, only difference is that I am blogging about my  life in 365 days, as opposed to cooking my way through Julia's cookbook.


With all that said... Calley and I took on Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon (Beef Burgandy)... Oh my... not only did this recipe literally keep us busy for six hours, but we had a lot of  fun too- especially while we were gathering our ingredients in the store... we kept on talking like Julia Child.  We kept on saying "Boeuf Bourguignon" as Julia would, even in her voice! ... Calley had it down good!


After a lot of prep and the use of a few of pans... WE DID IT!!  We made Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon!  Oh my goodness the "bouef" melted in our mouths!


I may not be Julie or Julia, let alone Oprah with her magnificent giveaways and all that she has done to make a difference in tons of people's lives... but I sure am striving for that!!    




Even though the following quote is included in the writings on the Unknown Author, I sincerely wish the following words upon your heart... 


This is my wish for you:
Comfort on difficult days;  Smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, Laughter to kiss your lips.  Sunsets to warm your heart, Hugs when spirits sag.  Beauty for your eyes to see.  Friendships to brighten your being, Faith so that you can believe.  Confidence for when you doubt, Courage to know yourself.  Patience to accent the truth, Love to complete your life.

Blessings to all!!


233 days to go...





All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: