Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 23 ~ "words" ... Use Them Wisely

Once again, open mouth, insert foot!  Have you ever said something... and just as the words are coming out of your mouth- one by one, you are simultaneously cringing, and in  great disbelief of what you are actually saying? 

Well NOT ME!  Ha!!... I wish I could say that!  Really... Lord knows that I have had my share of stupidity come out of my mouth!

What prompts this?  You ask?  ...  Well, let's just say that I said something stupid which as a result hurt someone who I love... I hurt their feelings.  [In order to protect the privacy of my family, I am going to keep details on the QT or on the down low]... you choose ... either way you look at it.. I was wrong, I said something stupid without thinking, I admit it, groveled and apologized.  Good thing I'm loved! ...  Just saying!

After having dodged that "bullet" (jk or just kidding for those of you who are chat slang challenged- CSC)  ....


courtesy of Bing images
I am taking a stroll down memory lane... remembering all the harsh, ugly and hurtful words that once were said to me by people who claimed to love me.  I am referring to the people in your life who were suppose to love you to no ends, take care of you and keep you from harm's way.~ My father and then my first husband (the father of my two sons.)  I went "out of the frying pan and into the fire!" literally!!


[NOT Dino... Are you kidding me!?  Dino would never say anything hurtful to me... ever!]

People who tell you that they love you should never, ever make you feel so low or worse yet, unloved or unwanted!   


Your father should not belittle you... let alone do it in front of others.  As I am writing this I am thinking..."I do not want to drag my father through the mud by any means"... however... the lack of respect, lack of remorse shown for his actions and the years of humiliation... Well it changes you!


Being married to a man (first husband) who promised to love you forever (whatever that means!) and then he cheats on you (whilst you were pregnant,) lies to you and then takes your children and does everything possible to alienate them from you and also lies about you to them and lies to you about them~ all to keep a mother from her two boys just to be vengeful and spiteful!.. not to mention all the times he called me the most horrific names... He just took what little self-esteem and self-worth I had left and just SQUASHED IT!!... ... Well it changes you! 


Bottom line...


Please think before you say anything.  Think twice.  I have always said.. "that the words that come out of your mouth can not be taken back... once said, that's it!  they will leave a mark!" 


Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.             Luke 6:37


Blessings to all!

342 days to go.


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.


6 comments:

Glori said...

Dear Carla,
I can't remember where I read the following, but it makes total sense to me..."being hit leaves bruises for a while, but hurting your feelings leaves bruises forever". Not that being hit is OK under any circumstances, but it is amazing how much words can hurt.
I loved your Bible quote.
Hug,
G

Coretta said...

I love this post! I love when people speak the truth and don't sugar coat things! It's unfortunate that you had to endure this.

Anonymous said...

The bible verse you have there sums it all up Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:37 Amen in Jesus name!

Karen Dawkins said...

Carla,
Reading this after sharing the past year with you, it's so wonderful to see how far you have come. :) Forgiving others, whether they deserve it or not, opens the door to God's healing power! Stand firm and don't ever look back.

Unknown said...

Oh man...do I know what you mean. It's so hard to keep your mouth closed sometimes, it's good that you speak the truth my dear :)

Sharon

Unknown said...

Oh Carla,

That is so hard to deal with when your children are poisoned against you. But, if they don't hear you spewing the poison, they will start to figure it out;)

I love that you tried on those Jessica Simpson shoes, by the way!!