Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 102 ~ Step Forward

First thing first... being thankful for a brand new day ... another opportunity given to do better... looking at life with a rested, fresh pair of eyes...  having a sense of comfort within my heart that I can do better... the understanding that time will and does heal all wounds... having a feeling of  hunger to be able to feel great... and the desire to turn up the dimmer switch just a little more than the day before...

When life happens... and the road you've been taking ends abruptly.. more often than not, we think of all the times we made a wrong turn...  instead  of  thinking of all the times we not only made the right turn, but we arrived early.   

I guess if I have not made myself clear.. what I am trying to say, is something I remember my Tia Graciela (my dad's side of my family) saying... something to the effect of, "if you can't change something that's happened, spit in its face"?  OK... so it has lost its appeal in translation.  But I feel I understand the just of it.

Bottom line, what's done is done.  Can't change it.  Just learn from it.  Buck up.  Step forward.

Instead of thinking of the wrong turns and dead ends I have come across... I need to think about all of the laughter I had in between, and the good turns ahead!

To my Dream Team... thank you for reminding me of all the good turns I made...  and AddisonLogan and Calley... to the moon and stars!


"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."   ~  Martin Luther King, Jr 


Blessings to all!!


263 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.  

No comments: