Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 106 ~ Say Cheeese!!

Have I told you all lately how much I love my mother in law Gene? ... Well... I do!!

After going through some gloomy days, including mourning over my sons... I have been spending a lot of time helping Gene, or rather mom (because that's what I call her and it is weird to call or refer to her as Gene, if you get what I mean)...anyways...

Mom is such an amazing woman.  Here it has been five days shy of loosing her mother, Nana, and the first words out of mom's mouth when Nana passed, "I have lost my best friend!".  Still chokes me up when I think about those words.  Anyways, as I was saying, here its been just five days shy of a month and not only has she been taking care of her own family, but in addition has been going through her mother's home of nearly thirty years.

I've been in my house for three years now and have accumulated some things as you can imagine... but can you imagine THIRTY YEARS?!?!  One word... WOW!!!

Standard sized recycle bin
So Calley and I have been helping mom too... I've been in charge of going through photographs... Nana loved taking pictures!! to say the least.  I'd say I've gone through thousands of pictures covering her life span of eighty-five years, and still have a third left... unless we find a hidden box somewhere else.  hahaha

So while I have been going through all these pictures, some thoughts have been going through my mind....  
6" left to the top!

  1. From now on my pictures must contain a loved on in them!  - of all those pictures Nana took, two thirds of them were of landscaping, plants, beautiful flowers, landscapes, her home, her doggies and koi fish. 
  2. If taking pictures of loved ones or friends, now that we have the technology, please TAG them!!  If we would know who some of Nana and Grand-dad's friends were in some of these pictures, I'm sure they would have loved to get them.
So... the next time I see a beautiful flower and I want to take a picture of it.... "Calley, come take a picture!!"


A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely.      ~  Pam Brown


God intended motherhood to be a relay race. Each generation would pass the baton on to the next.     ~  Mary Pride



Blessings to all!!


259 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.      

No comments: