Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 113 ~ Fall... One of My Favorite Things

Saugus, California October, 2007
When I came across this picture tonight, my breath was suddenly taken away with the reminder of a few of my favorite things I love about [my] life, this time of the year, and the season itself...

One of my obvious favorites is this picture... Calley had just recently turned one; Dino, Calley, and I had a little "family time."  We took a little drive (which ended up being an adventure in itself since we had ran into an unexpected road closure- bottom line it took us three times as long to get there...) and took a drive to the local pumpkin farm in Saugus, California and soaked in a little bit of Fall.  After all, the season was in the air, a slight crispness to the air... a chill if you will...  yet warm enough not to have a jacket... all the signs were there and very clear, it was fall and time to bring pumpkins home.  Which takes me into...   

Another favorite...  the time of the year ~ September, into October, and nowhere near Halloween... All we have to focus on is the season approaching.  I love fall.  Fall is in a category all in itself... there's a certain charm to fall... the leaves falling off of some trees, then turning colors on others.  All the while the summer's harvests are being put to delicious use, the lawns are turning and needing less care.  

My other favorite is the smell of love in the oven! ...  pumpkin pies, apple pies, and so much more.    The smells of cinnamon, nutmeg, and maybe a little butter linger out the door, all the while hypnotizing you with the sweet memories of home.

Call me crazy, if you haven't already - lol hehehe  but I love wearing fall colors in the fall.  Go ahead, I give you permission to laugh... there's something about September ending, and Fall starting, that I stop wearing black and vivid colors ... and gradually switch over to wearing brown, greens and oranges.

There's something about Fall that brings a family together... whether it is because of all the love coming out of the kitchen or the warmth opening the hot oven leaves behind, one thing is for sure...  

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year!


Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.
Stanley Horowitz

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
-  Albert Camus 


Blessings to all!!


252 days to go...



All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.  

No comments: