Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 90 ~ Saying Good Bye to Nana

Tonight was the first of a two part homage to Frances, better known to her loved ones as Nana.  For such a little lady, she has left big shoes to fill.

It has been an emotional night.  Tomorrow will be the the grave side service... which that in itself will be so final.

So many emotions, which only leads many of us to think of our own mortality.  And being such a nut myself, I have no idea what my family will do with me when it comes to my time.  Why, you ask... well... I do not want to be buried in a coffin... claustrophobic - just the thought of it drives me insane... I know ... you are probably saying, "you will be dead... what will you know?".. I'll know!  and I do not want to be cremated because they have to put you in a box to do so... I know ... you are probably saying, "you will be dead... what will you know?".. I'll know!  

When discussing my dilemma with the family tonight, my solution was to have Dean send me to a taxidermist!  We all laughed!!

Just joking of course.  Actually, I am hoping someone comes up with a new method by the time I go!!  ;)

Seriously now...

Nana, you were an amazing woman!  I know I have learned a lot from you, and I will pass it on to Calley.  We love you!!

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.  2 Timothy 4:7-8


Blessings to all! 


275 days to go


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: