Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 92 ~ On One Hand Or The Other...

Today was a day that turned out to be one used to catch my breath and organize what I have on my plate.  A little kick back and introspective per say.


You know I just had a memory flash in my mind's eye ... out of the blue I had a quick flash back to a  conversation I was having with one of Dean's cousins' wife... does this make her my cousin too?  Well, I would not hesitate to adopt her as one, being that she is a total sweetheart... and I love her!  -anyways to get back on track here...  I was briefly telling her about my blog, as well as the loss of my boys, and my goals behind it.


When thinking about her response of "Oh, I didn't know..." I realized, that I myself was allowing that experience to define me.


As quickly as that thought entered my mind, it exited... and I realized I was doing it to myself.  Defining myself as such that is.


On one hand how could you blame me... I lost my boys!  And that pain I would not wish upon anyone!!  As a side note, the father of her older two cutie-pa-tootie sons lives in the northwest... which is a coincidence, being that my sons live in the northwest as well. 



Then, on the other hand... instead of allowing loosing my boys to define me... I will take what I learned and I went through with those experiences and help someone else who is going through the same... be there for them.  And be able to say..."I KNOW what you are going through..."


If we don't change, we don't grow.  
If we don't grow, we are not really living.
Growth demands a temporary surrender of security.
~ Gail Sheehy ~

If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more.
If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough.
~ Oprah Winfrey ~ 
Often people attempt to live their lives backwards:  they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so they will be happier.
The way it actually works is the reverse.
You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.
~ Margaret Young ~ 

Blessings to all! 


273 days to go


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: