Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 91 ~ Paying It Forward

We may have just said good-bye to Nana, however this afternoon we celebrated her life.  There is something to be said about being with family at a time like this... especially the sharing of stories of times gone by.

I can not imagine being in the position of having lost a family member and not having anyone to grieve the loss or celebrate their life.  Must be horrible.


I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people at a time like this... as I am sure they are too, especially since their loss is far greater than mine being that I married into the family.  I think I feel the loss for my mother in law, Gene... meaning I feel her loss.

I may have not known Nana that long, but I know what she means to Gene and the rest of the family.  And knowing that makes me sad.  This is not to say that Nana didn't mean anything to me, because she did.

Uncle Jim, Gene and Nana
All of this speaks volumes about Nana.  Especially knowing the people she raised.  Uncle Jim and Gene are wonderful people, with kind hearts and faith to no ends - to say the least.  All the qualities that were given to them by Nana, have now been given to their own children, and to theirs as well.

Dean spoke very eloquently about Nana today, and said something that has stuck in my mind ever since... "Great parents make great children."  This not only says something about Nana, but it also says something about Uncle Jim and Gene, and the rest of our family.

Thank you Nana!  We will take your teachings with us and pay them forward for generations to come!

Blood makes you related.  Love makes you a family.  ~  Author Unknown
Family:  A link to the past and a bridge to our future.  ~  Author Unknown
You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.  ~Desmond Tutu 
Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.  ~Anthony Brandt


Blessings to all! 


274 days /  39 weeks to go


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: