Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 93 ~ Perseverance...

So ... something my father-in-law, Ferris, said the other day in passing that has been popping in and out of my thoughts for the past few days... "you have to stick at something, give it a chance in order for it to work..." ... something to that effect...

Well... I just don't know... there are instances, that I'm sure you may find familiar, that have happened to me, such as... looking hindsight and realizing that you should have quit way back before things went a mock OR quitting something at the sign of trouble and then seeing if you would have stuck it out things could have been better.

So ... which way is it?  Do you quit while you're ahead... OR ... do you stick it out in hopes of a better tomorrow?  Is one way more optimistic than the other? ... OR ... are we looking at the glass half full here.

I think that either way, as long as you keep trying, moving forward... and you do not stop believing, you are ahead of the game.

I have had quite a few let downs in my life, but definitely not for lack of trying.  I may have slowed down a bit at times... maybe even gotten sidetracked... but my final goals have remained the same and all I've had to do is remind myself what it is I want out of life!  

Then before I know it... I'm back on track!

Perseverance is a great element of success.  If you knock enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.  ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.  ~Confucius
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.    ~ author unknown (1840)



Blessings to all!




272 days to go




All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: