Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 514 ~ Encouragement, A Lifelong Habit (XXVI)


"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." (Luke 2:52) 
You're moving toward the home stretch of your 30-day challenge! Just a reminder of what you've committed: 
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
If you have faithfully encouraged your husband, you will no doubt have seen some changes in his life . . . and your own life, as well.  Encouragement is a wonderful habit that we hope you will continue for the rest of your life.
The important thing is to keep growing in Christ and obeying the Word of God as you respond to your husband. As you consider today how to bless your husband and not tear him down, think of ways that you can encourage balance in your home.
Jesus led a balanced life. He grew mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially. As you see your husband branching out in these areas, is there a pattern of growth? Is your husband striving for balance in his life? If so, let him know you have noticed, and ask how you can further encourage that balance.
If your husband is out of balance—focusing on one area to the exclusion of the others—consider whether there are things you can do to help restore or create balance in his life. Can you encourage times for sports or exercise? Keep the children quiet for a study time? Invite friends over for dinner? Stimulate his mind?
Be sure you are working toward balance in your own life, as well. Be an example! 
Day 26! . . .
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.  

I can't tell you enough how much this challenge has done for my marriage... or rather for myself and my husband as well.


He still doesn't know that I am doing this challenge.  I can't believe he hasn't asked me "what's up?"

Well, not that it's a big change, all my "encouragement" that is.  I did encourage my husband before this challenge.  I just did not encourage him every day with the little things that may go un-noticed.

This challenge has made "encouragement" a part of my every day living which will be easy to continue beyond this challenge.


I am thankful for cool weather.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..
... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: