Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 523 ~ The "Blue" Time of This Year. . .

This time of year may bring joy to many, and heart felt kindness to others... but there are some people out there who do not see it that way, they don't welcome this time of year with open arms.  Too much sadness. . .   too much pain. . . 

People may withdraw... or not have any family to open up to... or even have a smaller circle of friends.  I want to be able to help you . . . so here I found out about some red flags to look out for ..  
according to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)  here are some signs to look for:  
Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings;  Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism;  Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness;  Irritability, restlessness;  Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex;  Fatigue and decreased energy;  Difficulty concentrating, remembering;  details, and making decisions;  Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping;  Overeating, or appetite loss;  Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts;  and Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment.
  For more informatioon on depression click here.
There are many wonderful people out there that have suffered a life altering loss and even at times may regret living to tell about it. . .  if that makes any sense.    This time of year brings "It" out in the air for them.  

I know. . . there probably isn't anything I can possibly say to  help. . . .   

Although, I truly understand how some people may feel.  I know what it's like to not want to get out of bed for days.  I know what it's like to let the phone ring and ring.  I know what it's like to make last minute excuses for not attending functions with a lot of people or even with one person. . .  I know what it's like. . . . 

I was about to tell you how I didn't gain anything from being depressed, but that's not true.  I had to go through things "my way" at "my pace" to get to where I am today, to be who I am and do what I do today.  I had to dacide when . . .  I was done?  When I was complete.

Whether we go through happy times or even regretfully bad times, all those experiences make us who we are including how we choose to "process" some life altering events. . .  all of this and more is what we are made of. 

All and all, I sit here very proud to be who I am and have made the choices I have-  what else can you do a tthis point?  

{BIG SMILE}

I am thankful for my life!

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..
... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: