Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 531 ~ The Blessed Spoon's First Campaign



!!WOW!!

Such a surreal experience.  

The last twenty-four hours leading up to delivering the ten Turkey Trot baskets to their respective families was an absolutely amazing expeirence!!

From collecting all the donations, figuring out quantities and making the shopping list, to all the price comparisons. . . not to mention all the strategizing implemented to use all donations wisely.

Then came shopping and delivery day!

My first stop was a meeting at 7:30 in the morning to pick up all ten turkeys!  This in itself was an exillirating experience!  All ten turkeys donated!  Thank you!! 

Throughout this campaign there have been "little miracles" (l.m.) strengthening my faith more and more, reassuring me that I was doing the right thing... for example if it wasn't for my envolvement in a project for my church I would have never met our turkey donor.  lm #1.

My first stop after picking up all the turkeys was Sprouts.  What a great store.  Our only health/organic store in all of El Paso!  That's right, no Trader Joe's or Whole Foods!  Even with Whole Foods being from Austin, TX...  That's ok  we have SPROUTS!!  And what a great store!!  The gave me a ton of food!!  Ok nearly a ton.. wink, wink.  Sprouts donated all the stuffing, turkey pans, yams, marshmallows, brown sugar, pineapple, cranberry sauce and 25 grocery bags.  Thank you Sprouts!!  You all rock!! 
After shopping at Sprouts, I was able to regroup, see what was left and off I went to Walmart.  Walmart donated two $50 gift cards from two different stores to help with The Blessed Spoon's first campaign.. Needless to say the bulk of the groceries were purchased here... milk, butter, flour, potatoes, green beans, mushrooms soup, fried onions, and rolls.  

The journey throughout this campaign has been and continues to be AMAZING!!  Everything came so easy for me and The Blessed Spoon.  It was as if God was rolling out the red carpet for me each day as I accomplished something or was about to tackle something.

Before I knew it. . .  it was 4:00 pm I was leaving Albertson's with 10 pumpkin pies and I was on my way back home with a car load of food!!


Honestly, it was an exciting day!!  Even when we started taking inventory, making food piles, and packing all the food!  We picked out our first set of 10 spoons going out with their Certificates of Authentication, planned our route . . .





. . . and were out the door at 9:00pm.


A happy Happy Thanksgiving going out to 10 "Blessed" families!!


I am thankful for having the opportunity and smarts to be able to to this for everyone!!

What's coming up?   Hmmm.... 
I think I see another challenge off in the near distance. . .


[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..
... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: