Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 179 ~ The Naughty or Nice List

I never once thought that being a mom to a little girl would be so "crazy" compared to being a mom to two boys.  I am sure that you would tell me to take into consideration that there are fifteen years between Calley and Logan, and nineteen between her and Addison.

Oh I know I am older... believe me I know.  Then to put the icing on the cake, I am starting to show signs of perimenopause.  Let me tell you, between the hot flashes, mood swings and then Calley being such a curious and active little girl... AAAHHH CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!  

Earlier today, Calley was being naughty and I really snapped at her (deservingly so) ... after giving it some thought i thought to myself "I can be a bitch!"  Even if Calley is constantly touching things and disobeying, it doesn't make it okay for me to raise my voice to her constantly.  Or is it?

I really do not want her to remember me, the same as I remember my father... constantly raising his voice and just being plain mean (just to mention a couple of things.)

I guess one thing I do differently than what my father did...  I take a few minutes to cool down, I talk to Calley and try to reason with her, and then I do something with her.  I try to keep it low key, after all I do not want to reward the behavior that got her into trouble in the first place.

courtesy of bing images
Today, I said something to her that i had never said before... I told her that she was on the "naughty" list.  OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS AS IF THE EARTH ERUPTED!!  I might as well have had crushed her teddy bear!  I never saw her react this way!  EVER!  And I all I could think of was ... BINGO!! Finally! Something that gets her attention!

So I wonder how long I will be able to use the naughty or nice list for?

As I kiss her good night this evening, she asked me ..."Mommy am I still on the naughty list."  "No, Calley you are not."  I continued, "however, Calley if you do not do as you are told you are automatically put back on the "naughty" list.  "Yes, mommy.  I love you.  Sweet Dreams." Calley said ever so sweetly.

As I left her room, I ecstatically mouthed the word "YES!" as I clenched my fist to my chest and then immediately looked around in hopes that I did not jinx the use of the naughty or and nice list

May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!  ~Author Unknown
May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace, The gladness of Christmas give you hope, The warmth of Christmas grant you love.    ~Author Unknown

Blessings to all!!


186 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: