Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 181 ~ Life Through Calley's Eyes

As you may have already suspected... yes... the first thing I did after waking up this morning was look out the window! ... and no... the snow did not stick on our side of town.  Funny thing, just over the hill, fifteen-twenty minutes away... it did snow.  

El Paso is like that.  It can be raining cat and dogs where we live, and six miles away where my in laws live... zilch.  So... although I felt slightly hesitant at believing the weather forecast, the little girl in me wanted it to snow so bad!

courtesy of Bing images
Funny... I just realized that it has been ages since I felt that way... excited for snow to come.  Did you ever feel that anxious feeling, and, or the excitement, as if you're were a child again, waiting, and staring out the window, wishing for snow to come.  I saw that "feeling" in Calley last night.  I would have to say that now that I look back on that moment, it was a precious moment.


What happened with Calley this morning?  Well, it so happened that we woke up busy.  Have you ever had that happen?  From the time our eyes opened, and we headed out the door, Calley did not bring up the "s" word... "snow."  And ... then, we left to run some errands, drove away and headed towards the mountains... Calley was so sweet and innocent when she turned to me and said... "WOW! look at the mountains mommy, they are so beautiful."  I would have loved to have shared a picture of our mountains with you, however... I was driving. (wink, wink)

I love seeing life through Calley's eyes.  She keeps me young.


Youth is a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children.  ~George Bernard Shaw


 Children seldom misquote.  In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.  ~Author Unknown


Blessings to all!!


184 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: