Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 195 ~ A Family of Beauties!

Today was quite a treat.  My wonderful mother-in-law, Gene, whom I lovingly refer to as Mom, treated me to a special day.  And... what a great afternoon it was!


Karam Family Tree.  Seated on the couch is my mom Gene, me, Hailey, Aunt Nora (Lindsey's mother-in-law); on the right, seated above one another is cousin Kenya (Hailey's mom,Aunt Sue (Kenya, Salena and Keturah's mom,) cousin Salena; seated in front is cousin Keturah, and front right is cousin Lindsey.

All the women in our family, actually- we were shy my awesome sister-in-law Kim (who lives in Austin and is not arriving until the wee hours of the 24th,) beautiful cousin Leta (who lives in New Mexico, who sadly will not be joining us this Christmas,) beautiful cousin Beverly and Heidi (who live in Phoenix, and sadly will not be here this Christmas,) and our family matriarch, Dean's grandmother Betty (Grandma is in quite the delicate state now-a-days and is not able to leave the house,) had our First Annual Karam Family Christmas Spa Day!  

Many thanks to one of our wonderful family's Event Coordinators, our wonderful cousin Salena, [who by day, as a top local attorney, fights for the rights of good citizens against corrupt corporate villains, and on her spare time has a passion for fun; participating in 5k runs (Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trots;) sometimes while walking is Fighting against Alzheimer's disease; Scavenger Hunts for all causes; most times she is accompanied by her two companions, Dojee and the infamous PD (don't ask about the name, and I hope I got the spelling right,) all the whilst making sure all animals are loved in a warm home and well taken care of.  Thank you Salena for once again coordinating such a great event for our family... another wonderful moment to be cherished as a great Karam Family memory.

We were all asked to bring a snack to share.  I chose to cut up a variety of fresh veggies, accompanied by a Creamy Cilantro Dip.  Needless to say we had so much delicious food; from sandwiches, to meat and cheese trays, delicious caprese salad appetizer, cookies and Wine!  So funny, because we all watch what we eat, yet we all brought tooo much food!  too funny!  But it was good!!

We all were treated to facials, pedis and a half hour massage!!  We were all in heaven!!  A big shout out goes to Christine for a fabulous pedicure (I just know you did great on your final!,) Denise for a massage that was out of this world (I want to book a massage party!,) and Jesse for a facial that left me glowing!!, all of N Dulge in El Paso.  Thank you!  You all made me feel like a princess today!  

This place is awesome, they have a private floor where our party gathered, laughed, ate and drank wine in between our wonderful treats!  Go by on a Tuesday for a manicure and pedicure special!  Tell them I sent you.  They will even greet you for your appointment, at the door with a glass of wine!

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.  ~  Unknow author

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.  ~Joyce Brothers 

To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.  ~ Barbara Bush 

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 
...   seven days of singing
...   six months of blogging
...   five rooms plus more
...   four loving dogs
...   three cook books
...   two ceiling fans, 
...   our little girl we call Calley

Blessings to all!!

170 days weeks to go...

PS... I love and miss you boys.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

Picture credits... images are property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.

No comments: