Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 201 ~ Christmas & The Day After

Awe.   The day after Christmas, always such a let down.  After such hustle and bustle, holiday cheer in the air... it was here and now it's gone.  (big sad face)  I always used to wish we could stretch the day out, you know add a few hours here and there-  just so it didn't seem like it went by in such a flash.  

Actually, I am sighing with relief!  Finally!  The rush to get everything "Christmas" perfect for everyone, you know the right gift, the right decorations, food, etc.. it's over.  Not to mention the actual "big" moment... the moment you actually start to cook your family's Christmas meal.

I cook the green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and onions and white sauce.  My mother and father in law take over the turkey and yams.  And our beautiful cousins bring the desert!  We've been doing it this way ever since Dean, Calley and I moved here, and we have gotten it to a point that it all flows so harmoniously.  Except this year we somehow forgot all about the gravy.  YES, the G-R-A-V-Y!  How the heck do you forget the gravy?  Especially when there are two people planning the meal!  Ai-ya-yai!  However...

Once again... our dinner... was (and the choir sings out) AWESOME!!

So, now what?

Well, there were the after Christmas sales.  For the first time in a long time, I didn't rush out early to grab something up.  Calley and I showed up late morning, around eleven, very curious to see what we would find.  I think between the first moment we walked through the doors at the local Target and walked out, we set a new record!  We were in and out within a half hour.  At one point I turned to Calley and said that there wasn't anything grabbing at me.  Nothing that I HAD TO HAVE.  A lady turned to me and chuckled in agreement... and I just said that I was at a point in my life that I ask myself... "Is it a want or a need?"  She could not agree more.

Now... for New Years!  ...

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.  ~ Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President (1861-1865))

Oh... I have to point out "D-A-Y  2-0-1"   ...   Can I get a "WHOOP, WHOOP"!




Blessings to all!!

164 days to go...

PS... I love and miss you boys.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

Picture credits... images are courtesy of Bing images.

No comments: