Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 193 ~ Helping Others Is An Art

I have come to the realization that helping people is heart wrenching.  It is heart wrenching because you have to sit back and watch them struggle until the day comes that they get that courage, that motivation, that drive to climb out of the hole they have been living in and change their life!

I see my sister today, and I want to scream at my parents!  I feel so bad for her.  Her self esteem is shot, as is her self confidence.  She walks around on eggshells, and has no reason to.

Oh... I am trying to get over what happened yesterday.  Today I decided to be a bit more patient and take a "watch and see" approach.  I am a true believer that actions speak louder than words.  

I do want to make an effort, my sister needs the help.  So, as infuriating as all of this can get, as difficult as it may seem at times, I have to take a breath and look at the big picture.  However, I am not stupid and will not enable anyone.

Boy... helping others takes work!  Sure isn't easy.

The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.  ~Leo Rosten

God has not called us to see through each other, but to see each other through.  ~Author Unknown
If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.  ~Arabian Proverb



On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, 

...   five rooms plus more
...   four loving dogs
...   three cook books
...   two ceiling fans, 
...   our little girl we call Calley


Blessings to all!!




172 days weeks to go...


PS... I love and miss you boys.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding... wink, wink)

Picture credits... images courtesy of Bing images.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like what Leo Rosten said, we are made to live for a greater purpose! We should always remember that we need each other to survive. We must never miss a chance to extend a helping hand to those who need it. Make your life more fulfilling by being a blessing to other people.

-Yolande Tiller