Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 242 ~ Super Bowl Sunday 2012

Well... I guess congratulations go to the New York Giants for beating out the New England Patriots in this year's Super Bowl... 21 to 17.  Although a little disappointed since my family was rooting for the Patriots.  

The game ended up being such a nail bitter (literally, my nails are all gone!) at the beginning of the third quarter, that I had to stop watching the game.  

Instead I decided to go home with Calley-  she did pretty well for having to share the tv and the attention she normally gets.  Well I was thinking that two of our doggies were outside and it was quite cold and windy out... and the dogs needed to be fed as well. 

In all actuality, I could care less being about the game today.  Being that I have been a Raiders fan since the early eighties, if they aren't playing (or the Cowboy's)... but it is the Super Bowl so it is nice to watch.  However, my husband on the other hand is more of a fanatic than me... probably since the Giants took out the Cowboys... and there could not be a bigger Cowboy fan than Dean!  He was a little more upset than me.  He takes his football so serious.  lol.  

Me on the other hand am more rapped up into the menu, since I always volunteer to cook.  I just love cooking... love putting it all together... and then can't wait to see how everyone likes it all... or not.  wink, wink.

Besides an array of appetizers, crackers, chips, dips, salsa, and drinks... put out by my mom...  I started it off by making a delicious hot spinach-artichoke dip...   sorry about the red tint in the picture, the dip was under heat lamps.


Then I followed up the hot spinach-artichoke dip with another hot dip, actually two variations of Chile Con Queso, mild and spicy.


Next... Honey bar-be-que wings... nummy!  



Along side the wings, I put out some delicious bar-be-que pork ribs...  Those darn lamps turning my pictures red again!


Finally for our dessert, Gorilla Bread.  Formerly known as "monkey bread."  Because I make monkey bread so good, and different... I add my own secret ingredients... Calley and I decided that it is better to be known as Gorilla Bread.


I hope that Super Bowl Sunday treated your family as well as it treated mine... except for the Giants winning... just kidding.  

A heartfelt congratulations to the New York Giants, their families and franchise.  As well as their dedicated fans.  Congratulations.  Sure hope any fans don't thrash on their cities.

Achievement results from work realizing ambition.   ~Adam Ant 

  
Blessings to all!!

123 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshine(s).

Images property of Carla Barila Karam and Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own... all copyright laws apply.

No comments: