Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 261 ~ Thank You For Lighting My Candle

I must admit that I have had a couple of tough days... the kind that not only drain you physically, but emotionally as well.

If you were to have told me a year ago, that not only would I be blogging on a daily basis, and that it would have such a positive impact on me, my family and life... I would have looked at you and thought you were absolutely nuts!

Let me tell you!... I have not only learned so much about myself in the last eight months+, but I have also worked through "issues", grown some, accepted the past, learned to like myself, found some esteem, and so much more.  I have grown to love who I am, faults and all... as well as learned to forgive myself and others.

I want to take the time out to share my "high and lows" from this experience thus far... just so you know, I like saving the best for last... 

my lows... well, I would have to say that my lows have been, recognizing, facing, as well as accepting mistakes I have made in my life.  As painful as facing some truths about myself have been (which is the "low")... The experience also turns out being a positive as well.~ a bonus.

my highs... no question about it!... it has been all the wonderful people I have met along the way, as well as their support and prayers.  Through my blogging, I have had the privileged of crossing paths with wonderful people from all over the world... and I have gained some insight from the experience too.  

All I can say is that this experience has been a sincere blessing in my life... I am so grateful.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.  Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.  ~ Albert Schweitzer

Blessings to all!!
104 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s). 

Some images courtesy of google images.  Others are marked accordingly, and are property of Carla Barila Karam and Taking Back Life ~ Making It My Own, this blog.   All U.S Copyright laws apply.   ©

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Facing up to my failures is not something that comes naturally for me. What does come naturally is having a fear of failure. So thankful that God gives me enough grace to not just endure but thrive during failure.

Ashleigh said...

Learning is never a low! Facing our fears and failures made be hard, and emotional, but they are absolutely positive!

Stacey Donaldson said...

What a lovely post! I couldn't agree more, blogging is a fantastical experience! I can't believe I didn't know about it sooner (I've been blogging a little over a year). Bloggers are so encouraging, helpful, and FULL of information.

Facing your past, fears, and yourself is a big deal. Hats off to you for being brave enough to be honest with yourself. You can also look back and see how truly strong and phenomenal you are, while measuring your growth as well.

This post made me smile...thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm a firm believer that there is healing in writing. So happy to hear how God is using your writing journey as a way to bless you and heal you. I hope you'll consider continuing your journey even after your year is complete. :-)

Hugs to you,
~Rosann

Detodounlolo said...

Glad it´s working out for you and that it helps. Keep up, it´s done loads for me too.
See you around
Lolo

Jinnia Low said...

This post brought me a smile too, thank you for sharing. It's beautiful how you're learning more about yourself and working through issues to grow from them. I understand how it's not always easy to face mistakes and glad you're supported in doing it!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Wonderful post! I would love if you would sign my quotes guestbook with that quote. http://www.kenyagjohnson.com/quotes/