Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 255 ~ Let's All Speak Up

Last night's post ... honestly, took a toll on me.  It has weighed heavy on me all day, especially having watched Whitney Houston's Going Home Ceremony.


Quite frankly, watching the ceremony confirmed and backed up what I was implying last night.  We, or rather those close to ... Let's say Whitney in this case, are the ones that enabled her and basically... I hate saying it...  helped Whitney...


I've seen Whitney in action, with my own eyes too!! on tv reports... you see how she could get in your face... therefore I am going to guess that she may have been a li'l demanding?  I don't know... but when she was denying the questions of drug use in Diane Sawyer's television interview... well I recognized the gestures and responses, they were the same as others denying the same questions.


All I am saying is that there are red flags.


During today's ceremony one of Whitney's long time friends in the music industry, shared some  of his memories with us.  He knew Whitney  back in the day... in his eulogy he stated something to the effect of Whitney once being unsure if she could do something (I caught enough of it, but not all), and he had responded to her "You are Whitney Houston... you can do anything you want!"
"You are Whitney Houston... you can do anything you want!" ...  I wonder just how many times Whitney heard that...? 
"You are Judy Garland... you can do anything you want!"
"You are Heath Ledger... you can do anything you want!"
"You are  Michael Jackson ... you can do anything you want!"
These people left families behind.  Children were left behind that will never know their parents or benefit from their love, let alone life's memories they were cheated of sharing.  In some cases, their families are left with final memories of their loved one being taken away from them much too soon.  


Children cheated of sharing their lives with their parents... cheated from sharing in life milestones, happy times and heartaches, weddings, children, and just growing old.  Instead they have memories to cherish, and the memories of other's who were blessed to have once known their parents as well..


I am not trying to find blame here... we have heard enough being thrown around all this week by the news and media.


What I am trying to say is that we need to stop encouraging bad behavior, or addictive behavior (?) , just because our loved one is a "special" person, ie entertainer, etc.


Everyone is so quick to "gift" or "comp" or "look the other way" when it comes to famous people, be it a sports figure, singer or actor...  and that's fine, except for the looking the other way.  Actually, now that I started to think about it, I don't know how I feel about "gifting" and "comping".  Another day, another time.


Why not help your "loved ones" when you see them spiraling?  We have to come up with something to eliminate more accidental deaths.  Be it laws, be it a "universal system" for all doctors and pharmacies... or something.  Why not immediately put them on a medical suspension of some sort?  Why enable?


One word... money!


How much money was Michael Jackson's doctor getting for the proponol?   Was it worth his career, and Michael Jackson's life?  I don't think that the Jackson family think their son's life was worth it, that's for sure.  Just sayin'.


There are more similar back stories behind the deaths of others due to accidental overdose of prescription drugs.


Don't allow someone else's "woulda, coulda, shouldas", to be yours.  I should not have left her alone.  If you are questioning yourself whether or not you should speak up... I'm thinking you should... Speak Up!  What's the worse thing that can happen?  Whitney, Michael or your loved one possibly still being alive?


I am not saying that if you speak up everything will be "roses" like in the movies...  What I am saying is at least try.  It's better than thinking for the rest of your life ... "I should have said something..."  


Isn't your love one's life worth your speaking up and helping them?    


I'm just sayin'...

Blessings to all!!

110 days to go...

PS... for a, l and c.  You are my sunshine(s).

Some images courtesy of google images.  Others are marked accordingly, and are property of Carla Barila Karam and Taking Back Life ~ Making It My Own, this blog.   All U.S Copyright laws apply.   ©

2 comments:

Jennifer Wolfe said...

It takes courage to stand up and say those hard words...but definitely worth it.

Unknown said...

OMG! Are you on target with this! I'm telling ya, I've been saying this for years...just because they're famous and make you money does not mean you sit and do nothing while they destroy themselves and their families!

UGH!

Wow...you're really growing with your writing, do you realize that?

Luv ya
Sharon