Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 444 ~ Success is Good for the Soul!

I was not tired all day until I just sat down!


Today was an absolute success!!! One thing is for sure... I would  we would never been able to do this without all the other volunteers today!

What an amazing experience.  Sure I had a handful on no-shows, but even so... everything could not have gone more perfectly!!


Funny... at one point it started to rain out of the blue... and the roof was leaking so bad that I was drenched!  Again... it didn't matter.  It had been so hot that the water felt quite refreshing.  

I had the perfect amount of helpers... I even had a mom and dad that brought the teenage kids plus two friends and we had them serve the dinner.  They did an awesome job!  I had an amazing amount of food thanks to Sprout's Farmers Market... and I was even able to leave the Shelter food for another two meals.  Thank you again for all the food!!

All I can say is that.. we may not have much, but compared to these people I have so much.  I have so much to be grateful for... and I am so grateful for having had this opportunity today!  I am definitely signing up again.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deedsand glorify your Father in heaven.  ~Matthew 5:16 (NIV)
I am second..

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

4 comments:

Raine said...

Helping people is so wonderful and important. I'm glad you were able to give something back to your community :) Good for you!

Unknown said...

I spent Sunday at a homeless feeding with my 13 yo. It was a great experience. It was my birthday so I considered it a present to myself. :)

mail4rosey said...

I'm so excited for you that you did it! It sounds like it was everything you wanted it to be and more. Congrats on a job well done.

Czjai said...

Congrats, Carla!
I love that smile on your G+ photo. :)