Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 431 ~ #23 of My 30 Days of Truth...


My 
30 Days of Truth challenge   I will admit that I changed one question and changed a few curse words... other than that the challenge is intact. 

Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life...

I wish I had taken my education and my future more seriously when I got out of high school.  

I thought it would be faster and easier to just go right to work.

Boy, did I come to a rude a wakening when my friends were graduating from college and getting jobs at a better pay than I was.

I was hoping to marry a hard worker and all I truly ever wanted to be was a stay at home mom.

It is said to be careful for what you wish for... because some years later I found myself being a single mom in my late 20s.

Fast forward twenty years... if you were to ask my daughter what she will do after high school, she'd respond... 
"when I grow up I am going to go to college, get real smart and get a great job.  I hope to meet someone smart and funny like my daddy and be a mommy."
I think I may ask Calley this at least once per week. LOL!  Just want to make sure it engraves in her brain. wink, wink.   
Children are a heritage from the Lordoffspring a reward from him. ~ Psalm 127:3 (NIV)
Day 23 : Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 : Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 : The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 : Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 : What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 : Name a decision you made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision.
Day 29 : Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 : A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
 Here's to 30 Days of Truth!

I am second.

[here's to you finding your... ]
Peace...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how honest you are! I actually was the reverse. I never wanted to get married (I did) took my schooling very seriously (and did too much of it) but still didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up! You sound like you have an awesome life now though... It all worked out in the end!

Czjai said...

One can never too old to go back to school, Carla! Here in the PH, there are even 70-year-old grannies who go to grade school because they want to learn. :)

mail4rosey said...

I always say I wish I'd have started school earlier, but then things in my path would have changed and I wouldn't have what/who I have today in my family, so... never mind. :)

These posts are fun to read. Are they fun to write too?

Anonymous said...

Love all your posts Carla, and how honest you are!!

Unknown said...

Education can always be an Achilles heel. I wish I'd found my true calling before going to college so I could have prepared then for what I do now.