Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 448 ~ What Would You Do?... II


You're driving down the road and spot something in the middle of the street.  You pull your car over, park it and check out what it is... it turns out to be a wallet, filled with credit cards, a payroll check and $120 cash.

What would you do?

You're standing by the school fence waiting for your child to get out.  A line of cars has formed for the curb-side service where the teacher brings the child to each parent in their car.  Out of nowhere, you witness a woman pull up and park her car in front of all the other cars that were there first. 

Question...What would you do?

You're with your child at Target pushing your cart behind a young lady, and she's walking behind a couple who were walking in such a way that they took up the entire width of the aisle.  No one could get by.  They were walking, then would stop, then go, and then walk slow off and on.  The distance between each of you lessen more and more due to the couple in front walking as if they were the only ones in the store.  Next thing you know the young lady accidently bumps into the man (what do you expect?... the man kept stopping) and she immediately starts apologizing profusely.  The man starts yelling at the young lady for bumping into him and accuses her of doing it twice.  [You watch with disbelief]  The young lady apologizes again, so sweetly.  Next thing the woman, who is walking with this man, starts yelling as if the young lady hadn't said a word.  "Don't you know "she" works at Target and can do whatever she wants.  They have no manners here..."  This woman gets louder and louder and continues to repeat herself over and over.  You and your daughter, along with others, witness this couple's rant and rage an entire five minutes.

What would you do?

Seriously, what would you do?  Do you keep to yourself?  Do you say something?  Do you look the other way?  


What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?  Can that faith save him?  If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?  So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.  ~James 2:14-17
[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...



I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is a fun post! The first one, I would find, come what may, the person who belongs to the wallet because they are probably out of their minds with worry and it may be all the money they have to feed their family.
I don't know about the second one. I am afraid if I got out of the car and said something I might beat her with her own arm!
The third one.... I have to be honest, I'd be getting up in someone's face. I would have to say something to the man (probably yell right back) and as far as the woman goes....she'd be losing her job because if the manager didn't fire her on the spot after I complained, corporate would because I would make it my mission in life to not stop until she got fired!

mail4rosey said...

It's usually a gut thing for me in dilemmas like these, except the first one (which is a given that I'd give it back).

The woman cutting line I'd blow off, I think. Those kinds of things while sometimes mildly annoying, don't really bother me.

The guy yelling...would be a gut thing, I think. Whatever felt right at the time...maybe a reassuring word to the gal being unjustly yelled at...

Pepper said...

Oh, my blood boils at the thought that people can be so mean. But the thing is, I often just look the other way. An act of cowardice, I know. Shame on me.

As for the wallet, I'd probably take it to the nearest police station or something. Or if there was some identification in it, I'd probably give the owner a call.

Unknown said...

A wallet definitely should be returned to the authorities so they can help in finding the owner.

With the second, I'm gonna talk to the woman nicely if I can. Explain to her (as if it's not obvious enough) that others were there first and she has to go next to the last in line. But really, we would never know her real situation if we won't talk to her. Maybe she's really in an emergency rush situation, or she's just too naive.
And for the yelling couple. They could have put into hypertension. I would yell at them, too. Maybe.

Czjai said...

I may not have the patience to tolerate the last one. My temper flares up whenever I see people wronged for all the wrong reasons. :(

Unknown said...

This was an interesting post. Great questions. For the second one, unfortunately that seemed to happened at my kids school pretty often. It was annoying, but it was nice to see no one ever got too upset about it. The teachers usually handled it pretty well on their own. I don't understand why some people think they are above everyone else.

Ang said...

I have to say, unless someone is about to be hurt or is in danger, I'd probably do nothing--blame it on the 8 kids, blame it on growing up in Asia, I don't know. I might say something nice to the person who is being treated unjustly if the chance arises.

CrazyNutsMom said...

I would definitely return the wallet.

I deal with the mom cutting all school year long. I beep my horn and give dirty looks. ;)

I would have cut around to the other end of the isle and made the people get to one side, to restore order of the isle courtesy code. :)

Jenn said...

No question on the first- I'd hunt down the owner of the wallet.

As for the school line? I'd take it to the school personnel and have them deal with it.

As for the last? Not sure. People are so prone to violence nowadays, I'd probably try to escape, or get a manager!

Megan said...

For the wallet incident, I would take it right to the police. But I would also look up the person who lost it and call to tell them what I found in it just in case the police manage to lose some of the contents.

Quirky Homemaker said...

Return the wallet. . . I'd hope someone would do the same for me.

I probably wouldn't do anything about the mother who pulled in front of everyone else.

And I would talk to the mother in Target and let her know that I was on her side.