Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 426 ~ #18 of My 30 Days of Truth...

My 30 Days of Truth challenge   I will admit that I changed one question and changed a few curse words... other than that the challenge is intact. 

Day 18:  Your views on gay marriage...

This is a very sensitive subject for a lot of people.

First off, I am Christian.

However, in my life time I have had many gay friends.  One of my bestest friends growing up was and is gay.  I have family members who are gay as well.

I have a family member who still has not come out {and who is more or less ten years older than I.}

I have family members who are in a same sex marriage, and another who has basically changed their sex and is married as well {not same sex}.

I am a heterosexual who was in a rough first marriage, and currently am in a healthy second marriage.

I am not perfect and you all know I am a work in progress, even at the ripe age of 49.

I do want to point out that there are plenty of heterosexuals who are sick behind closed doors... whether it be dressing up as infants, practicing sadism and masochism, child molestation or even bestiality.  To name a a few.

The Bible states that a marriage is between a man and a woman.  Or like my husband often says... "it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve."  He cracks me up!!  wink, wink.

The Bible also states... 
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." ~Matthew 7:1-2 (NIV)
So what are my views?  Well, as I stated I am a heterosexual and am married to my husband whom I love with all my heart. We both constantly strive to make our marriage better and a happy and healthy one.  I am not perfect nor in a position to judge others.  What I am in a position for is to build a happy life for me and my family.

I will say this... I do not and will not turn my back on my family and friends because of their sexual preferences or who they choose to be in a relationship with or marry.  

Final thought... There are a ton of people who are in and have been in relationships with complete good-for-nothing people, who were their opposite sex. 

I do however have a problem with people who say they love someone, but then turn around and are abusive to their loved one. 

What do YOU think?
 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.  ~ Matthew 7:3-5
Where I've been and where I'm going next...  
Day 18 : Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 : What do you think of religion?  Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 : Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 : (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 : Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 : Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 : Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 : The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 : Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 : What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 : Name a decision you made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision.
Day 29 : Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 : A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
Hey if you want to join along... well let me know in a comment and I'll visit your challenge each day.  We could even link up our blogs.  wink, wink.  No.. seriously we could.

Here's to 30 Days of Truth!

I am second.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

6 comments:

Joy said...

You are certainly brave for tackling such a debated topic. You make a lot of really good points about abuse and sickness too!

mail4rosey said...

I have to repeat the scripture that we all fall short of the Glory of God. It's sometimes hard not to judge others (regardless of the topic), but I think minding our own relationship with God is a start.

"Let he who cast the first stone..."

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

Thank you. I agree - lets not judge, or turn our backs on our loved ones because of who their partners are. Treating eachother kindly is what matters.
Leigh

Unknown said...

This fits well with a post I wrote earlier this week. It is not our place to judge. We are here to live our life as best as possible. what others do it not up to us

Audra Michelle said...

Nicely done! I just tackled a similar subject - the Chick-Fil-A mess. It's hard! Honestly, as long as churches are not forced to go against their beliefs and perform gay marriages (unless they choose to), I don't have a problem with gay marriage. As long as the church and state can remain separate, I'm ok with it. Now will I have the courage to blog that someday? Don't know about that one! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a problem with gay marriage at all. There are many gay couples I have been fortunate enough to have in my life and they are the most committed loving couples. I have watched as a few of them have lost their partners yet are not afforded the opportunity to grieve that loss as a husband or be given the same benefits. I am not arrogant enough to say what God really thinks about homosexuality. I know, there are scriptures that are clear however who are we to play judge and jury? Your post was awesome to take on such a heated topic!