Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 432 ~ #24 of My 30 Days of Truth...

My 30 Days of Truth challenge   I will admit that I changed one question and changed a few curse words... other than that the challenge is intact. 

Day 24: Make a playlist for someone and explain to them why you chose all the songs...


Dear Dean...
When I first read this day's assignment I knew right away what I was going to write.  The first thing that came to mind was how in the first year we were dating, I'd come over and we used to learn a song together.  You  would learn to play it on the guitar and I would learn the lyrics.  I remember being so in awe of you and your talents.  One of the many things I love about you!! 
Do any of these ring a bell?
Bubble Toes by Jack Johnson
Flake by Jack Johnson 
American Girl by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 
Tom Sawyer by Rush
Such sweet memories... I love you!
~ Carla
Do you have any songs that bring back your sweet memories?
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music.  ~Billy Joel
I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears. ~Adele

Where I've been and where I'm going next...  
Day 24 : Make a playlist for someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 : The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 : Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 : What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 : Name a decision you made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision.
Day 29 : Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 : A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
 Here's to 30 Days of Truth!

I am second.

[here's to you finding your... ]
Peace...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

4 comments:

Pepper said...

I won't even begin making a playlist for the one I love, as I know I will just cry my eyes out :)

Aaaawww. It's so sweet how you and Dean would sing and play music together. Looking at your list, I think, it's only American Girl I know :)

Audra Michelle said...

Aww - how sweet! I don't know what I'd put in a "mix tape" for anyone. Not feeling all that creative tonight. We are a musical family too (2 music teachers). The hubs wrote a song to play right as he proposed to me. He took that song (acoustic guitar) and arranged it for a brass quintet and we used that as the bridal processional for when I walked down the aisle. Music rocks!

Mommys Juice said...

Love this one! I'm a total music person. I've often thought of my own personal playlists but not lists for others. Interesting concept to play around with!

mail4rosey said...

I know two of the four. I used to be sooooooo big on music, and I still love it, but I don't know much of the new stuff like I surely made it a point to know the old stuff. :)