Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 427 ~ #19 of My 30 Days of Truth...

My 30 Days of Truth challenge   I will admit that I changed one question and changed a few curse words... other than that the challenge is intact. 

Day 19: What do you think about religion? or politics?...

Geez... I thought last night's subject was a little intense... tonight's subject, well it just continues the intense-ness...  LOL!


I know ... I know ... a lot of people stay away from the subjects of politics and religion, let alone gay marriage... but by the looks of it.. not me.  wink, wink


It's not that I love controversy by any means... but if you ask me a question I will give you an honest answer.  Hence My 30 Days of Truth.


So.... what do I think about religion?


re·li·gion  

noun \ri-ˈli-jən\  

: the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith 
Don't know if I have made this clear, but I am a child of God.  I believe that Jesus is my Lord and savior... and really that's all I have on the subject.

Politics? 

pol·i·tics

noun pl but singular or pl in constr\ˈpä-lə-ˌtiks\
1a : the art or science of government
b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
c : the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2: political actions, practices, or policies
3a : political affairs or business; especially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government) 

You know... I have my doubts about this subject.  {and} could give you an earful about politicians {I have yet to meet or know of one who doesn't say whatever the people want to hear just to get elected- liars} and then of course they don't follow through.

I also do know this... do not.. I repeat.. do not mix religion and politics AND it's better to veer away from this subject.

{and} of course there's the matter of keeping church and state separate... as it should be.

So ...  those are my thoughts on religion and politics.

What do YOU think?
I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  ~Thomas Jefferson
Day 19 : What do you think of religion?  Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 : Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 : (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 : Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 : Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 : Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 : The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 : Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 : What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 : Name a decision you made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision.
Day 29 : Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 : A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
 Here's to 30 Days of Truth!

I am second.

[here's to you finding your... ]
Peace...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

7 comments:

FlawedMommy said...

I will say that I am impressed with the way you handle your challenge today. I don't see why anyone would take offense to anything you wrote, as it was written in a way that expressed your feelings. You did not try to convince or dissuade anyone from feeling the way they feel. I know that these topics tend to be touchy, but I've never understood why. The world would be a much better place, if people would learn to respect the opinion of others.

Czjai said...

Ack. There should be a definite line that separates the church from the state, but that doesn't seem to be happening here in the PH.

Crazed in the Kitchen said...

I love that quote by Thomas Jefferson. I have plenty of friends and family members who hold different views than me (religion, politics, chocolate vs. vanilla, whatever) and we manage to find common ground. How a person treats others is the most important.

Suenvegas said...

Its great to stand up for what you believe in!

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

These are the two things my mom always warned never to discuss at a dinner party :) Oh that and money.
Fun challenge!
Leigh

Coretta said...

I give you lots of credit for taking on these 2 topics. My Husband and I always say there's 2 things you never publicly talk about and that's these 2! Although I think that we should be able to have conversations amongst one another with respect and dignity. Great job!

Coretta said...

Where do you get your challenges from? I've been looking around but can't seem to really find anything I like :(