Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 436 ~ #28 of My 30 Days of Truth...

My 30 Days of Truth challenge   I will admit that I changed one question and changed a few curse words... other than that the challenge is intact. 

Day 28: Name a decision that was made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision?...

This is a total head scratcher!  


I mean really.  All day I found myself... well... dumbfounded.  

{and} now, I couldn't help but stare at today's topic even some more...

...by George I think I've finally got it... as if a light had been switched on... and so on...

It is my opinion that ALL decisions made lead to a chain of events... all of them.  Isn't that what living is all about?  Without chain of events there wouldn't be a life living... there just wouldn't be life.  Really, think about it... it's true.

For example, the decision to turn right on any street... this decision to turn right has led to events that otherwise would not have otherwise happen if your turn would have been a left one, including who crosses your path.

When I was seventeen years old, I had decided one day that I would never second guess myself in anything I do...   I told myself... 
self... decisions that YOU make in your life will be made because that is what YOU wanted to do... whether it was to decide what to do, what to wear or a person YOU thought YOU could believe in... YOU made the choice to partake in that situation... so whatever the decision SELF, YOU have to live with the consequences.
Regardless if you decide on a purchase, or a choice to do something that others were against or dating an idiot... I made that choice because that is what I wanted to do and NO ONE was going to talk me out of it... and therefore... I must live with it... like it or not.  wink, wink

SO I am "good" with everything.  It is what it is and I have made my bed and must lay in it.  Good or bad.  etc... wink, wink..

Today, I still agree with my seventeen year old self and stand by my decision(s), then and now... and... good or bad.  

As we say... all's good.  wink, wink.  No worries.


With God's grace.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. ~1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)
Where I've been and where I'm going next...  
Day 01 : Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 : Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 : Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 : Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 : Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 : Something you hope you never have to do. 
Day 07 : Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 : Someone who made your life hell, or treated you horribly.
Day 09 : Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 : Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 : Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 : Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 : A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 : Write a letter to a hero that has let you down.
Day 15 : Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you've tried living without it.
Day 16 : Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 : A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 : Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 : What do you think of religion?  Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 : Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 : (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 : Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 : Something you wish you had done in your life. 
Day 24 : Make a playlist for someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 : The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 : Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 : What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 : Name a decision you made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision.
Day 29 : Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 : A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
 Here's to 30 Days of Truth!

I am second.

[here's to you finding your... ]
Peace...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

7 comments:

Pepper said...

Exactly! The decisions we make always lead to a chain of events- whether good or bad.

I'm a little fatalistic, though, and believe that whatever happens is part of God's will. Sure, we have been given the capacity to make choices, but ultimately, He will direct us towards the path set out for us. I think this is another "free will vs. predestination" topic :)

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

It's also freeing to know that the decisions we make were done because it was what we thought was best at that moment. Great reminder, Carla.

ReviewsSheRote said...

Standing by you decisions is a good thing,but as you said we have to learn to deal with what comes GOOD/BAD that might lead to another decision-admitting we were wrong-and becoming a better person by learning from the mistake we made.

mail4rosey said...

I was thinking that too...all decisions lead to a chain reaction.

My grandmother used to say, "You made your bed..." lol Your use of the phrase made me laugh.

17 was really young to makes such a wise decision. Kudos!

Unknown said...

What??!! You mean there's a chain of events that happens when I make a decision?! Well...great! Now I know what I've been doing wrong all along!

LOL
Luv ya!

FlawedMommy said...

I am impressed by the maturity you showed when you had that conversation with yourself when you were 17. As a mom to teens, I find that kids today act first and then figure they'll deal with the consequences when they come. Realizing that the decisions one makes can have both positive and negative consequences, and then weighing the risks, that is a true sign of maturity. Many adults I know today still have trouble understanding this.

Rachelle said...

like what they say... everything happens for a reason and these events in your life mold you to who you are today.