Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 437 ~ #29 of My 30 Days of Truth...

My 30 Days of Truth challenge   I will admit that I changed one question and changed a few curse words... other than that the challenge is intact. 

Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself, and why...

For the past 437 days my focus has been on bettering myself, my life, as well as the quality of life for my family.


After all as my father-in-law quotes...
A happy wife is a happy life.
Not to say that I am a horrible person, because I am not... however I have allowed my life's trials and tribulations, my past, and all the horrible things that have been done to me by none the less "mean" people, affect my {quality of} life.  It made me a very bitter, grouchy person.

437 days ago I set out on a journey that was to be a year long... and has inadvertently blossomed into my continued growth, which in turn has kept me blogging.

I am a work in progress and accept that.  I now also accept the things that have happened to me, and have forgiven many as well.

I feel that I am on the right road. 

Sure, I understand that going through one of life's changes, {peri-}menopause, has had an adverse affect on my and I will have grouchy moments.  But the fact is that I am aware of it and am working on it.  Which includes some apologizing on my behalf for uncontrollable outbursts of grouchyness.  LOL!

The important thing here is that I am aware of it and am working on myself... 

Bottom line.. I wouldn't change a thing.  Everything that I have gone through... all that I have seen... all that I have experienced... has made me who I am.  {and} I wouldn't change a single thing!


With God's grace.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. ~1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)
Where I've been and where I'm going next...  
Day 01 : Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 : Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 : Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 : Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 : Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 : Something you hope you never have to do. 
Day 07 : Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 : Someone who made your life hell, or treated you horribly.
Day 09 : Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 : Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 : Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 : Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 : A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 : Write a letter to a hero that has let you down.
Day 15 : Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you've tried living without it.
Day 16 : Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 : A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 : Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 : What do you think of religion?  Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 : Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 : (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 : Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 : Something you wish you had done in your life. 
Day 24 : Make a playlist for someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 : The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 : Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 : What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 : Name a decision you made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision.
Day 29 : Something you hope to change about yourself. And why. 
Day 30 : A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
 Here's to 30 Days of Truth!

I am second.

[here's to you finding your... ]
Peace...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

6 comments:

Pepper said...

Yes, we are who we are because of the things we've gone through- both the good and the bad. You've made so much progress, Carla.

Anonymous said...

Well, you can tell your father-in-law is Lebanese! As someone who has read a lot of what you wrote, I still maintain you have a lot of courage to "tear down" your life and overhaul it but the fact that you say you wouldn't change a thing makes me love you more because to examine everything in your life and accept it is the ultimate balance!

Czjai said...

Continue to stay positive, Carla!
Much love always! :)

ReviewsSheRote said...

I'm with you --what I've gone through has made me who I am--maybe the only thing that I'd change is how I reacted in some of the situations, but I still would have to go through them.

mail4rosey said...

Your positive attitude is such a wonderful thing. Kudos for your journey, and for blogging it!

Becky McNeer said...

After reading about you on your blog all of this time, I wouldn't change a thing either!!! Bravo!!