Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 424 ~ #16 of My 30 Days of Truth


My 30 Days of Truth challenge   I will admit that I changed one question and changed a few curse words... other than that the challenge is intact. 

Day 16:  Something or someone you definitely could live without...

Again... this one is easy peazy lemon squeezy!

Bullies, racism, people who feel they are entitled and bad drivers.

I think that pretty much covers it.  Don't you?

I really do not think I need to elaborate on this one.  Do you? wink, wink.

Okay... I will say this... people who practice being a bully and those born into racism ... well there's something wrong here.  

More times than not, bullies and racists themselves have been treated the same way all their lives... and sadly to say ... this is all they know.  Or it could have been a life changing event.  Does this excuse them?  No.  But it does help understand the reason they are the way they are.

It's hard to say at what point in their lives, if any, they could have been saved and turned around.

With people that feel entitled... well that is what they witnessed.  They witnessed their elders treating those around them like that.  Granted it is not as abusive as being bullied or taught racism... but it can be construed that way.

I do want to add this... just because some people were born into this ugliness... well, it does not necessarily mean that those qualities are in their hearts.  There are the few that have love in their hearts and do not continue the cycle.  They behave quite the opposite.

Finally... bad drivers.  Well?  Either, learn the laws wherever you plan to drive, take lessons, get a driver or just stay home.  Please.  Also I would like to add...  PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE ... and if you must drink... DESIGNATE A DRIVER.  Please.

Enough said.  wink, wink.


It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues,they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  ~ 1 Corinthians 13:5-8

Where I've been and where I'm going next...  
Day 16 : Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 : A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 : Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 : What do you think of religion?  Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 : Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 : (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 : Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 : Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 : Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 : The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 : Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 : What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 : Name a decision you made that caused a chain of events that would not have happened if it wasn't for that decision.
Day 29 : Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 : A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
Hey if you want to join along... well let me know in a comment and I'll visit your challenge each day.  We could even link up our blogs.  wink, wink.  No.. seriously we could.

Here's to 30 Days of Truth!

I am second.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

5 comments:

Gina Jacobs Thomas said...

What a great post. And I totally agree with you. Bullying and racism and hatred is something I wish we could eradicate. And with the rise of violence that has occurred recently, I'd add guns to that list.

Life by Cynthia said...

Let's talk bad drivers for a moment... They have always bothered me but now that I am a Mom and have my baby as a passenger - It really REALLY freaks me out. I agree: Either, learn the laws wherever you plan to drive, take lessons, get a driver or just stay home. Please I also want to add: Don't drive drowsy & don't text & drive! Please.

April said...

I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote. I actually was in a conversation about something like this the other day...how just because one is born into a bad situation, whether they've come from a dysfunctional family or whatever...it doesn't mean they can't rise above and seek a different path than what they were "born into or raised in".

Czjai said...

It's a shame how many innocent people have lost their lives because of bullies and racists who have thwarted ideas of what is right and what is wrong. :(

The world would really be a better place if we could see less of them.

Becky McNeer said...

I love all of these posts so much. But back to this specific one, bad drivers... geesh. Sometimes I wonder how they got their license! :)