Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 488 ~ Peaceful Feeling (III)

"And my God will meet all your needs according to His riches of his glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

To refresh your memory, here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge for the next 30 days:

  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
Love indeed suffers long and is kind. As you consider your Encouragement Challenge, determine today that you will not say anything negative to or about your husband. Speak kindly to him with words of genuine encouragement.


If your husband is considerate of your needs, let him know that you have noticed. Thank him for his kindness and consideration. Thank the Lord that your husband knows how to be both tough and tender.
Sometimes it's difficult for a man to be gentle, kind or tender—especially if he hasn't had role models in these areas. If he's not a considerate person, appeal to him for help without complaining. Let him know that it's hard for you to handle some things alone. Then, when he moves in to help, don't insist that he do it your way. Be glad that he is responding, and express your gratitude.
Ultimately, you can't expect your husband to make you feel more secure, loved, etc.
Remember that only God can meet the deepest needs of your heart.
Here's day 3 ... it's becoming clear to me...  
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.   


I don't know if I have made this clear to you... Dean has no clue that I am doing this.  


I am going to go on a limb here by saying that I have a feeling this is how this challenge is suppose to work.

I am pretty sure that if he knew I was doing this, the end result would not be natural.

So I continue to thank him... letting him know how blessed I am... how thankful I am for all that he does for us...

Do not get me wrong... there were a couple of times that I resisted from engaging...  funny thing was that moments later I could not remember what it was that I wanted to engage with him about.. must have not been that important.

I hate to admit this... but my home seems at peace right now.  lol!  NO! We don''t go around yelling all the time... I'm just passionate... after all I do have Italian blood running through my veins (thanks Dad.)

I think being a wife is about keeping the peace... and if something comes up that is important enough... then I can engage in a loving way.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

1 comment:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Thanks for sharing. I may give this a go myself. Although I must say this is more than a challenge, it's monumetal. Not that I am super critical of Pete to his face or behind his back. I seldom complain about him to others. It's the thought of NOTHING NEGATIVE for THIRTY days. I'm sorry, he hurts my feelings at least twice in 30 days, so I know it can't be easy or natural. I have done similar things in the past so I do know even seriously attempting it is bound to have some wondrous results.