Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 498 ~ Vulnerability = Surrendering (XI)


"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22) 
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!

Women who are constantly negative toward their husbands—especially by speaking evil of them to others—show great disrespect. Determine not to do that today (or ever!). This challenge to encourage is closely connected to submission.
Men respond to women who respect them.  What do you respect about your husband? Part of that respect includes submission to his authority.  Let your husband know how respecting him makes it easier to submit to his leadership.  Show your respect in public by listening to him and smiling at him when he speaks.  Place your hand in his as you walk together.
If you feel there is nothing to respect, search harder . . . nearly every man has some core characteristic that can be nurtured and respected. In any case, you must still cultivate a submissive spirit to his position of leadership . . ."as to the Lord." 
Hereeee's day 11 ...   
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.  

I will be very honest.  Ever since my divorce to my son's father, I really have a problem with this one.  (Poor Dino, always paying for what others have done to me.  sad face)

My poor husband.  

Anyways. . .  After giving yourself 100% to a man and then having him more or less kick you to the curb, mother of his children and all!!

Well... it's hard to open up 100% ... it's like you're always walking around protecting yourself.  

I mean... if the father of your sons can do "this" to you . . . who's to stop anyone else from doing the same... me.

TO forgive a person for bringing harm to you is one thing, but then to "forget" what was done is another.

So as I said... my poor husband.

Time is nearing our 10th anniversary... and I am starting to feel comfortable... meaning... he's sticking around.. thick and thin... richer or pooer... sad and happy... he's a not going anywhere!!

Maybe it's time to surrender a bit more... become vulnerable.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..
... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: