Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 493 ~ Encouraging Financial Choices (VII)


"Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease! ... for riches certainly make themselves wings.... (Proverbs 23:4-5)
"That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasures." (Proverbs 8:21) 
To refresh your memory, here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge for the next 30 days:
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
Money is the root of much marital discord. Ask yourself, "Am I being negative toward my husband in the area of finances?" Determine not to speak evil of your husband in this area. Discover ways to encourage and help him instead.
Does your husband handle finances wisely? Does he make good financial investments, based on biblical principles? Does he have a budget? Does he make wise decisions about purchases—checking many sources before he buys? Is he a good steward of his money before the Lord? Let him know how much you appreciate his strengths in financial matters.
If he is weak in this area, encourage any good decisions that he does make. Perhaps you can help him, if he's open to the idea, by organizing financial files or providing other practical assistance. Or, if he wants you to handle the finances, ask for his input before you make decisions that will affect him.   
Here's day 7 ...   
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.  


Finances have played a roll in our mariage for the past four years.  

When they say that financial problems are one of the top reaons for divorce... well I can totally understand why.

I am not going to start lieing to you now that's for sure... we have had some UGLY fights about money.

I have learned to do the best I can to save money; I buy things we need, not want; compare prices each year just before our insurance(s) expire; compare cell phones annually as well as, any other bill or utility that I can compare;  and finally, before I buy anything I research it like there's no tomorrow including on whether or not I even need to buy it to begin with.

I will continue to support my husband and will continue to help him with whatever I can, encouraging each good decision he makes.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

1 comment:

mail4rosey said...

We do argue sometimes (me and hubby), but we don't fight about money (knock on wood).

On another note, I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, and now I'm passing it on to you. It's a fun way to add a bit of exposure to your blog, and you totally deserve it. Happy Sunday!

http://www.mail4rosey.com/2012/10/passing-it-on.html