Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 494 ~ Appreciate His Faithfulness (VIII)


"...but who can find a faithful man?(Proverbs 20:6b) 

To refresh your memory, here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge for the next 30 days:
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
Faithfulness is a wonderful but rare quality today, especially in regard to marriage. Do you understand how important this quality is? Your challenge is to continue to root out all negative speaking, and plant seeds of encouragement instead. You may be amazed at what will grow.

Contemporary culture often entices men to be unfaithful to their wedding vows and spiritual commitments. Appreciate your husband's faithfulness—how he is loyal to you. Let him know that you are glad he has "stick-to-it-iveness" in your marriage.
Appreciate his faithfulness to God. (If you have an unfaithful husband, this is a difficult area for you. Pray, speak the truth in love, remain faithful yourself, and discover ways to encourage faithfulness in your mate. The Bible says that husbands may ". . . be won by the conduct of their wives" [1 Pet. 3:1]. You may also want to seek counsel from a mature, godly individual or couple.)
Here's day 8 ...   
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.  

Although many would think I blew my challenge today because my husband and I had an argument, I would disagree.

Why?  Because I held back.  I did not engage as I once did.  I allowed him to say his peace and I held my tongue.  

However I did not hold back as I should have.  Do not get me wrong...  I never ever name call or say ugly things.  Words can hurt and can not be taken back.  (Hmmmm I wrote about how words hurt before, check it out here)

But I will share this with you... I was really proud of myself for refraining, thinking about it, keeping my challenge in mind, as well as my "passionate" classes and what I have learned there.

Boy, I tell you, two or three months ago I really would have spoken my mind as well and let him have it.

I trully recommend doing this challenge, it really is making a difference in my life.  So is my "passionate" (anger) management class.  Between both classes, I am really learning some great tools here. 

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: