Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 489 ~ Building Him Up (IV)


"... let him labor, working with his hands what is good... (Ephesians 4:28)

To refresh your memory, here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge for the next 30 days:

  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!

We are all accountable for the things we say, both negative and positive words. Have you embraced the challenge to speak only positive things to your husband and to others about him? Here's a suggestion that touches the core of your husband's world.
Some women take their husband's career for granted, and they show it in many ways. Do you "dump" on your husband at the end of the workday, or do you strengthen and encourage him with your words? A wise wife will make her husband feel that she values and appreciates his work. Let him know that you are glad he is a hard worker. Take opportunities to praise his diligence and resourcefulness to others.
If your husband is out of work, unable to work, or refuses to work, you'll need to be more creative. Praise him for a character quality that you see in him that would be a vital part of a successful career—such as persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills, good with people, good listener, determination, etc.

Here's day 4 ...   
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.   

My household continues to be peaceful.  

Funny ... I can see what I am doing via this challenge.  I am inadvertently building my husband up each day.  Each day I have thanked him for loving me... thanked him for the little things he does for us... and have even thanked him for getting up so early and being such a hard, "honest" worker.

My husband has proven to be an honest, dependable, responsible employee who is a great example of integrity.  The man even goes to work sick!  I can't get him to stay home.  He even was going to work with a walking pneumonia- he was clueless and ended up in the hospital.

That's my man... Mr. Dependable.

There's nothing wrong with that... not one bit!

I know I am only four days into this challenge... however I can already see a difference.  Dean seems... happy.  I love that!!  My husband is happy!!   

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

2 comments:

Quirky Homemaker said...

I have a challenge like this printed out somewhere! I actually saw it the other day when I was moving stuff around. I have never made it the whole 30 days through. I'm so bad about follow-through on that stuff. And depending on what's going on in life, it's so hard, too. (for me) I'm not good at not showing my frustrations. ;) It is a wonderful challenge, though! I'll have to try it again sometime after Bridge day has come and gone. :) Good Luck to you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carla, I am really going to take this to heart! I need to go back and reread the other three days and get in on this and see how it helps brighten up my home!