Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 496 ~ When it Really Matters (IX)


"...he won by the conduct of their wives" (1 Peter 3:1)) 
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!

We are often so busy speaking that we don't take time to listen. We are so quick to offer a comment - negative or positive—that we don't really "hear" our husband's heart.  Remember: we have two ears and only one mouth. We need to listen more!
As you continue in your 30-day challenge, not speaking negatively and focusing on positive encouragement, hear the Lord's admonition today: "Be swift to hear." If listening is a real problem for you, play a game with yourself. See if you can listen to your husband for one whole day, only speaking when asked a question. If your husband notices the difference, explain that you are learning to listen more-not only to God, but also to him.
One easy way to express admiration for your husband is to ask a question about something he enjoys, and then listen to his response. If it's an area of personal familiarity, keep asking questions until you learn something you didn't know, then tell him, "Wow, I didn't know that!"
Here's day 9 ...   
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.  

A fine example of this was our disagreement the other day.  "I did not engage as I once did.  I allowed him to say his peace and I held my tongue. ..."

To allow your husband to speak his mind all the whilst you listen to his (for lack of  a better word) ranting, regardless whether you agree or not... biting your toungue ... much strength is needed.

I don't know what is tougher... keeping your thoughts to yourself all the while knowing you're in the right... or ... sucking in the negativitiy being spoken to you knowing you're right?

Let me put it to you this way... I have learned to refrain from making a big deal about nothing and being listened to when speaking up when it reallymatters...

Hmmm...

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: