Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 492 ~ Praise Him (VI)


"...whatever ye do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31b)
To refresh your memory, here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge for the next 30 days:
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
Do you recognize and appreciate your husband's creativity? Or do you criticize and demean his efforts? Instead of negativity, determine to be positive. Perhaps you can help your husband see that his efforts are an opportunity to glorify God.
Is your husband the "creative" type? Does he have any artistic gifts? What is that special "knack" he has? Affirm him for his handiwork - a hobby, music, gardening, tinkering with cars, working with wood, etc. Remember: Even if he doesn't measure up to your standards, praise his efforts. If your budget allows, buy him a book or magazine that will continue to encourage his special skill or talent.
If you have a hard time finding his "creative side," understand that men's creativity sometimes is related to their work. Find something he does to make his job run more smoothly or something he does that adds value to his work . . . and let him know that you have noticed.
Make his day . . . Praise his accomplishments in public, while he is listening.   
Here's day 6 ...   
I'm going to keep this simple and not let it get too wordy.  

Once again, if you have not been reading everyday I just wanted to let you know that my husband does not know I am doing this challenge.  After all if he did know, this challenge would not work.

I have always praised and continue to praise my husband for his talents.  He is an artist... he can draw like there's no tomorrow... and has an eye for matching and mixing colors that amazes me.  

Then to top it all off... my Dino is an amazing musician!  He plays a number of instruments... and has an ear for music that can pick an off beat note instantaneously.  He can listen to a song and within thirty minutes he is playing it.  SO impressive.  

So as I mentioned before... I have no problem praising my hubby.  He makes it very easy for me to praise him.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: