Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 6 ~ Doing Things Differently for a Change!

I would like to share with you one of my favorite quotes that is not only thought provoking, but don't ask me why, always makes me giggle.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."    Albert Einstein
Yesterday... hmmm, well I have decided to put it behind me.  The way I should look at every day is that as long as I am true to myself and my family, and no laws were broken (just kidding! my attempt to humor,) that's all that should matter.  

I would like to report that I really think my writing this blog is not only helping me feel better (getting all of this off my chest), but I think I am also starting to actually feel a little tingle.  Is this what's it's like?  Could I be feeling a little good about myself?  Have I ever?  Well, I think I am  starting to feel good about myself for the first time in my life~  [and it's Day 6!]  

Apprehensive to my day's start I decided to forge forward with a positive outlook, and being that I am no longer working (school's out), I can not let myself get down.  It can easily happen when Calley and I are stuck at home, without my car [for week number TWELVE now.]  I won't hold my breath, but sure do hope I get my car back soon. 

Before I knew it, it was noon and I had had two good phone calls. One of the calls was with my sister where we were actually able to talk about some of our differences without getting upset, yelling or hanging up on one another vowing never to speak to the other ever again.  I call this progress.  Definitely, progress.  I say that time will tell and I feel apprehensively good about it.  Is that a feeling? Well if it's not, I just made it one.  ;) 

My other phone call was with my sister-in-law.  I get teary eyed thinking about it.  I really love her.  She is a very special person to me.  She told me that she wants to read more of my blog and is so happy I am doing this for myself.  I feel really blessed knowing that I have her support, and that she is actually interested in knowing me!  lol! (humor? no, maybe sarcasm- yes, I can also be sarcastic too, and to myself too.)

My sweet little Calley was so patient whilst I was on the phone, she only tried interrupting a half dozen times.  She has been asking, and asking for days now for me to teach her ceramics.  For some reason I am sad when it comes to ceramics.  It has been, for what seems an eternity since I have done any pottery.  This too is so therapeutic for me, not to mention that I took to it so easily in my first year taking it at West (Los Angeles College) in 2004 and amazed my ceramic's professor.  I was asked to show my teapot (below) in the student art show that year.  It was pretty cool.  

Little Bride
Southern Lady Tea Pot
When Dean and I moved to Canyon Country in 2005 to work with my brother on the remodel of the house I put ceramics on the back burner, and then a year later Calley arrived.  For some unknown reason, seems like I always made an excuse for me not to dive into clay, as if I didn't want to be happy.

Soooo... I decided not to do the same thing over and over again...  I got the clay out!  Calley and I not only played for hours, but I started a new piece!  

Blessings to all!

359 Days to go! :D

No comments: