Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 19 ~ Learning The Hard Way

Alright I just got sucked into "The Bachelorette" on ABC once again... Oh brother!!  There are times that I just want to jump into the television and scream at Ashley!  I was so happy when "that" Bentley left... WHAT A JERK!!!  (Must be his way for getting back at his mother naming him that!)  

Honestly, I think we (all us dolls) have had a "Bentley" in our lives at one point or another.  I know I can say that I have had my share.  Yes, you think I would have learned after the first... BUT NOOOOO... I was a glutton for punishment.

I think my lowest point was when I dated a twenty-two year old, when I was thirty-seven.  I would allow this USER to borrow my new car, and little did I know that he was using it to date another girl!  I FINALLY believed my friends and confront him.  Oh he denied it, and then was out the next night again with this girl!  Oh yeah this guy knew what to say when, and I would fall for it every time.

Courtesy of Bing images
I was such an IDIOT!!  All because I wanted to be happy and find true love!  Oh and my friends.. Oh they were warning me... but did I listen?  NOOOOO 

It finally took two thousand dollars, humiliation, embarrassment, and eventually loosing my job (because I was just not focusing where I needed to!) and I made an IDIOT out of myself!  And what's worse is, that I allowed this mere boy around my boys.  I was such a FOOL! 

Thank god my friends did not give up on me!  They were warning me left and right... and I did not believe them.  I believed him each and every time.  He would tell me that they were jealous. HA! What was more stupid was that I cried when I knew HE HAD TO GO!  OH BROTHER!

So, I guess we all have a little Ashley in us all, and we all learn the hard way.  But that does not mean it will always be like that.  With each "Bentley"  that has come into my life, I have wised up that much more! 

I am blessed to have Dean in my life.  We of course have our ups and downs, as any marriage does... BUT I WOULD NOT TRADE HIM IN FOR THE WORLD!!

I hope that Ashley finds her "Dean"!
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.         1 Corinthians 10:13


Blessings to all!


346 days to go.


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied without written permission from Carla B Karam- please just ask. All views and feelings are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: