Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 335 ~ The Home Stretch!

WOW!!  Did you see that?  Well I guess you haven't being that you are at the beginning of my post and have not yet read to the end of my post... but you did read the beginning... my title... yes...
D A Y   3 3 5 !!

The "H O M E ~ S T R E T C H!"  

" M Y  H O M E  ~  S T R E T C H ! ! "



It's finally here... my last thirty days of what has turned out to be a one year journey of self discovery and self acceptance.  

This one year journal... was intended for my children {family and friends}... written for them... a way to explain what happened {to me}. hahaha Or at least give them my side of the story.  (that's probably the most honest thing I can say.)

I shared some of my experiences {just some... because the other experiences were just too stupid to mention - that or too embarrassing!  lol!} Actually I shared what I needed to share.

Come to think of it... with some experiences... well let's just say that I did not want to continue with all the negativity.  I grew to understand my truths and who I am {always was}... I hope that my children will see this as well.

I am hoping that then my children {family and friends} will have a better idea of everything in general, and come to their own conclusions.


The more and more I shared a part of me... the more I did this... the more I realized I needed to take control of my life.  

I needed to put a stop to being sad... put a stop to my suffering... put a stop to living my life for the approval of others... stop living my life in the past... and I was tired of it.  I was especially tired of writing about it.

It was time to accept the past for what it was... after all what was I accomplishing with the sadness?  Was it changing anything?  One word..... NO!  

It was time I started 
taking back my life, making it my own!

"... I did not want to continue with all the negativity."  ~Carla Barilá Karam


Blessings,

30 days to go...  

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  © 2012 

4 comments:

Barb Webb said...

Many blessing to you as you continue your journey. How lovely that you have come to such a good place of acceptance and moving forward.

Kudos to you and "happy anniversary!"

Cheryl said...

You are on the home stretch! Great to see how much you have learned. Enjoy the end of the race!

Crazed in the Kitchen said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that you've learned so much and come so far in your journey. I hope the next year brings you even further along!

Ashleigh said...

If you're not living for you, that what are you living for? :) Great job Carla! I love checking in on your journey each day.